Are you looking for a new start? Are you a caring and compassionate person with the need to help children and young people? Are you looking for a great team and company to grow with? If the answer to these questions is yes then this might be the job for you!
We are the Cambian group, the largest independent provider of care and education for children and young people. We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. You will find that you are part of a close, supportive team, all focused on achieving the best outcome for everyone. The better we work together, the more we can help the people we care for achieve their personal best too. Whether that is in terms of helping someone to achieve their personal potential or growing our reputation as provider of the best quality behavioural health services in the UK.
We already have 27 Ofsted ‘Outstanding Provider’ Awards, join us and together we can achieve more.
The working day can be very unpredictable and you could find yourself spending the entire morning organising activities and the afternoon providing 1:1 support. No two days are the same. The right type of person needs to be flexible, adaptable and to be able to read situations and help our young people make positive choices.
We are recruiting for a Team Leader for one of our residential homes within Bedford: –
· Working on a rota basis.
· Providing supervisory control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities
· Taking responsibility for planning shifts and ensuring their smooth running when on duty
· Providing consultation and informal advice and support to staff in relation to day to day matters
· Contributing to team and staff meetings to facilitate good communication and staff development
· Ensuring staff work within the Home’s policies, procedures
· Providing managerial control and direction in relation to staff duties and responsibilities
· Reporting to the Home Manager.
· Making sure there is a comprehensive handover for the staff on the following shift.
· Meeting the needs of the Children and Young People
· Organising and facilitating Social Activities (out of school
· Maintaining the home (laundry, cleaning shopping etc.)
· NVQ or Level 3 diploma in children and young people is essential.
· Living within travelling distance to the home in Bedfordshire.
· You must be over 21 years old ( You must be over 21 as Ofsted regulations are that as a support worker within children you must be 3 years older then the oldest child within the home meaning if the child is 17 turning 18 you would need to be 21 at a minimum.)
· Full UK driving licence is preferable.
· You would need experience working as a Child Senior Support Worker or a previous Team Leader.
· Ofsted knowledge would be needed as well as general safe guarding and compliance experience.
· Understanding the needs of BESD children including managing challenging behaviour
· Excellent organisational skills
· Ability to motivate and enthuse staff
· Counselling Skills
· Training Skills
· Drugs Awareness Training
· £10.15ph to £10.50ph -40 hours a week
· Sleep ins incur an uplift of £30 per shift on your salary
· DBS paid for
· Free parking
· Paid training