Salary: £27,000 – £36,000 dependent on experience
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Sous Chef to join us at Holme Lacy House Hotel.
The benefits of working with us
- Potential live-in available
- Free use of gym and leisure facilities
- Free or 60% discounted food onsite
- Access to numerous discounts and offers with many national brands and retailers.
- A real opportunity for career development through externally recognised qualifications in addition to in-house training and development (Degree and Apprenticeship level)
- 20% discount for you, your family & friends across our Bourne Leisure brands; Warner Leisure Hotels and Haven Holidays (including further discounted breaks within Warner for you, your family, and friends to use)
What will I be doing?
As the Sous Chef you will work closely with the Executive Chef to ensure all kitchens and chefs adhere to company Health and Safety standards. You will help oversee a large team so must have a passion for food, service and above all development. With a brigade this size you will need to be able to communicate across all levels to ensure that the team are organised, planned and that service is smooth and effective.
What are we looking for?
- A Sous Chef who understands the importance of working in a branded environment.
- You will have the ability to create a culture of support and actively encourages teamwork.
- Willingness to challenge if standards aren’t meeting required levels.
- A chef with a passion for great food and service.
What skills do I need?
- Understands the important of working with a branded menu.
- Experience of managing orders, food stocks and forecast against occupancy.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and can adapt quickly to changing requirements.
- Good financial knowledge with the ability to manage costs in line with the department’s budget.
(part of Bourne Leisure Ltd) we are committed to nurturing a fully inclusive,
diverse, and equitable workplace across every area of our business, where every
one of our team feels like they really belong and can truly be themselves. Whether
you’re looking for the first step in your career or you’re on your second or
third career, we encourage applications from all, including under-represented
groups such as LGBTQ+, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities. If
you feel this role is a good fit for you, we'd love to hear from you. For more
information on our Inclusion and Diversity commitments please
visit our careers site and social pages.
Location: Holme Lacy House Hotel, Hereford, HR2 6LP