Salary: £29733 per annum
Shift hours: Permanent
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sous Chef to help us create exceptional food experiences for Healthcare on a full time basis.
As a Sous Chef, you will be working alongside a truly passionate team to create an outstanding culinary experience.
If you are an innovative and creative Sous Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – we want to hear from you!
In return we offer support and development to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to Healthcare? Here’s what you need to know before applying:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Creating a positive kitchen environment where your team feel welcomed and supported
- Supporting the team in delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Supporting the team with ordering food, stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Supporting the team to manage budgets and successfully meet financial targets
- Complying with Food Handling and Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations
Our ideal Sous Chef will:
- Create a positive work environment where the whole team can thrive
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Passionate about great-tasting food
We ensure you’re rewarded for all your hard work, which is why we offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
- Exclusive travel discounts with TUI, Expedia, Booking.com and many more
- Save money on your food shop with discounts on Tesco, Sainsbury’s, Morrisons and many more
- Up to 44% off cinema tickets to enjoy your favourite blockbuster
- Regular emails filled with the best discounts and savings available
- Receive Wow Points every time you spend and use them on a wide range of brands
- Un-wind with us with free wellness, mindfulness and exercise classes
- You can share all discounts and offers with your friends and families
- Contributory pension scheme
- Grow your career with our Career Pathways and MyLearning programmes
As part of Compass you’ll help to feed people, fuel progress and forge connections in around 6,000 venues. Join us to grow your career with the industry leader, and get competitive pay, great perks and unrivalled opportunities for learning and development, at one of the UK’s biggest businesses.
Compass Group UK&I is an equal opportunities employer, committed to cultivating diverse and inclusive environments for every employee.