Founded in 1968, Griffiths is one of the leading civil engineering and rail contractors working throughout Wales, the midlands and south-west England. With an annual turnover of circa £225m our 1000+ directly employed, well-trained, dedicated and highly competent workforce deliver client solutions which includes Welsh Government, Network Rail, Highways England, local authorities, Utility Companies and selected private sector organisations.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We’re now recruiting for a Site Agent to work on a rail infrastructure project in Okehampton, West Devon. This position will cover various sites within the Western region and so ideally candidates will be based around Bristol and West from there.
The Site Agent will be responsible a variety of tasks including:
- Health and safety leadership to the assigned operational delivery site team
- Ensuring that site management team rigorously adhere to Network Rail’s Life Saving Rules
- Ensuring compliance with all relevant HSE legislation and NR Standards
- Promoting and implementing sustainable business objectives
- Achieving gross site margin target on allocated schemes as directed by the contracts manager
- Compliance with all relevant NR Standards, AGC Procedures and HSE guidance
- Ensuring sufficient and competent resource is in place for the delivery of the project and ensuring the project objectives are communicated to the site team
- Developing and maintaining a construction programme and ensuring works are communicated and delivered against milestones.
- Identifying, managing and controlling associated programme risks and communicating this as required
- Promoting and maintaining effective client and stakeholder relationships to protect and enhance the company’s reputation to support repeat business
- Upholding the core company values, inspiring and encouraging the same throughout the team
To be successful in this role it is likely the ideal candidate will have a relevant Degree or HND in civil engineering or similar or be in possession of relevant equivalent experience. You may have been in your current role for a while and developed some great construction experience that you are now ready to apply in a new challenge.
In addition you’ll be Personal Track Safety certificated and have proven leadership skills.
You will also be in possession of an SMSTS and have a relevant CSCS card.
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/102/1187