This post is term time only, therefore your approximate annual salary will be £2,168.
Day to day you’ll provide safe road crossing services for children and adults at fixed sites within the authority and related to schools by:
- Ensuring the safety and orderliness of children and pedestrians approaching or waiting at the crossing point and crossing the road.
- Following instructions in line with the Code of Practice and ensure children and pedestrians cross only on the appropriate phase of Pelican or other light-controlled crossings.
- Building and maintaining good relations with pupils, parents and staff of the schools served by the patrol site and other road users.
- You will be required to report any problems or hazards or incidents to the Road Safety Officer.
- You will work with a range of basic equipment in order to complete tasks you will be checking stock to ensure that materials which are necessary to do the job are available and reporting any defects.
Bromley Heath, Downend
Christchurch Downend – pm duty Only
Elm Park, Winterbourne
Manorbrook – Thornbury
St Pauls – Yate