£8.25 – £9.50
A Subway® Sandwich Artist™ is the face of our Franchisees’ stores. As well as preparing and serving delicious Subway® sandwiches you will meet and greet guests and deliver exceptional customer service.
You’ll be the reason customers keep coming back!
Working as a Sandwich Artist™ in a Subway® franchise is a challenging role but one that is highly rewarding. Subway® Franchisees are proud of their hard working staff and are able to offer fantastic career path opportunities to truly develop a career into supervisory and managerial roles.
The Sandwich Artist® greets and serves guests, prepares food, maintains food safety and sanitation standards, and handles or processes light paperwork. Exceptional customer service is a major component of this position.
- Exhibits a cheerful and helpful manner while greeting guests and preparing their orders.
- Demonstrates a complete understanding of menu items and explains them to guests accurately.
- Uses Point of Sale system/cash register to record the order and compute the amount of the bill. Collects payment from guests and makes change.
- Performs Cash-In Procedure- accounting for all forms of money, bread, etc., during the shift.
- Prepares food neatly, according to formula, and in a timely manner.
- Checks products in sandwich unit area and restocks items to ensure a sufficient supply throughout the shift.
- Understands and adheres to proper food handling, safety and sanitation standards during food preparation, service and clean up.
- Cleans and maintains all areas of the restaurant to promote a clean image. Understands and adheres to the 3-step method for cleaning.
- Understands and adheres to all quality standards, formulas and procedures as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
- Maintains a professional appearance and grooming standards as outlined in the SUBWAY® Operations Manual.
- Performs light paperwork duties as assigned.
- Completes University of SUBWAY®courses as directed
Must be able to stand and/or walk up to eight hours per day.
Ability to occasionally lift and/or carry up to 30 pounds from ground to overhead up to thirty minutes of work day (i.e., assisting in stocking/maintaining inventory levels).
Ability to lift and/or carry up to 60 pounds from ground to waist level (i.e., to replenish soda fountain syrups).
Ability to lift and/or carry up to 40 pounds from ground to waist level up to thirty minutes of work day (i.e., stocking/maintaining inventory).
Ability to push and pull with arms up to a force of 20 pounds (i.e., utilizing hand-truck). Ability to bend at waist with some twisting up to one hour of work day.
Ability to grasp, reach and manipulate objects with hands up to all day. This hand work requires eye-hand coordination, and may require bilateral coordination of hands up to four hours of work day.
May be required to climb a ladder to store or retrieve materials and /or place or remove signs.
Equipment, Tools, and Material:
Employee utilizes the following electronic equipment: telephone, cash register, ovens, proofer. Employee utilizes the following manual equipment bread cart, retarder, slicers, rubber gloves, mop, broom, and degreaser/defoamer. Employee handles liquids, cloth, plastic, glass, paper, rubber, and cleaning solvents.
Employee performs approximately 95% of work indoors.
Employee is exposed to intermittent indoor cold temperature extremes when working in walk-in cooler or freezer).
Employee is exposed to intermittent noise (i.e., cash register, telephone).
Employee works with minimal direction and periodic supervision.
Must be able to communicate orally and in writing in English. Must be able to compare similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Must be able to perform the four basic arithmetic operations. Must be able to comprehend and utilize instructions as given.
Previous experience in food preparation, retail sales and/or customer service is desirable but not essential because you will receive full training and undertake various University of Subway® courses. What’s more important is a winning attitude. If you’re currently working in retail or in a restaurant, perhaps you are studying or have recently graduated and are looking to start a career in the food industry. This could be the perfect opportunity for you!
High Rd Wood Green London