#Bristol or #Bridgwater
EDF is at the forefront of Britain's net zero journey, and we're looking for talented and ambitious Commercial Managers to join our team.
Join our expanding teams across Sizewell C (SZC) & Hinkley Point C (HPC) and work on multi-billion pound mega project, that will provide low carbon electricity for millions of homes for decades to come.
HPC is currently under construction and one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe, following the success of HPC, SZC is seeking financing with a view to start construction in 2024. Together, alongside our renewables business, both projects will support Britain to achieve Net Zero by 2050.
As a Commercial Manager, you'll play a vital role in supporting the Programme Delivery teams by providing the highest standards of Commercial Management. We’re recruiting across teams in Civils, MEH (Mechanical, Electrical and HVAC), Client – Frameworks and Nuclear Island.
We're looking for both recent graduates with Commercial experience and experienced Commercial Managers looking to develop their careers further.
Pay, benefits and culture…
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer flexible benefits that support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. Examples include: a market-leading company pension scheme, a bonus plan, health cover, electric vehicle leasing, mental health support and employee discounts.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and will do all we can to support you through your recruitment journey with us. If you would like to talk about adjustments, or support you may need, please note this within your application.
We’ll value the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Ensuring all Principal Accountabilities for the contract commercial team are implemented in accordance with commercial procedures.
- Leading in the engagement with the supply chain based on collaborative working principles and applying the skills of supporting, coaching, enabling and facilitating team members through change; thereby building and maintaining effective relationships with key stakeholders.
- Managing a key scope of work in the commercial management of contracts during the execution phase – including the management of change via Compensation Events, Variations and claims across a suite of NEC and/or FIDIC based contracts.
- Overseeing contract commercial relationships.
- Consideration of the nuclear baseline and distribution of nuclear safety significant responsibilities within the team; ensuring people are aware of the needs of a strong nuclear safety culture.
- Responsibilities under the approved Supply Chain Policy managing contracts and being a direct interface with the supply chain to ensure an embedded nuclear safety culture; the right level of oversight, control and surveillance of contractor activities are set up in HPC and the supply chain.
- Reporting and providing support to a Senior Commercial Manager or Supply Chain Lead including assessing the scope, duration and expected value of each of the Contracts against the Contract Authorised Sum (CAS) and defining the commercial requirements of a contract.
- Providing commercial management of contracts during the execution phase (post award) to maximise operational and financial performance and minimise commercial risk.
- Providing commercial management for the delivery of contract final account agreements (closeout). Commercial Managers must provide commercial support to the Project Manager in the effective delivery of the contract and ensure formal completion and closure of all the Project Contracts, identification and recording of commercial lessons Learnt.
- Responsible for the delivery of the contract in accordance with governance requirements; always operating in accordance with Integrated Management System (IMS) rules and procedures to ensure that contracts are administered within delegation of authority and the overall NNB governance/assurance regime.
Who you are…
We’re looking for highly motivated and self-starting Commercial Managers, with experience in FIDIC and NEC 3&4 suite of contracts and major projects, as well as knowledge of UK law and its impact upon the contracts and commercial function. You’ll also demonstrate a good understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change and claim management.
You’ll be able to work across multiple discipline teams to develop, implement, and operate commercial strategies and contractual agreements. You’ll have a big-picture view and be able to develop and execute innovative approaches to commercial delivery for the benefit of the project.
Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB / CIPS or equivalent professional body is desirable If the above sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
If the above sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.