Salary: £11.10 Per Hour
Shift hours: Permanent
Looking for a quality life/work balance? Most ESS Military sites operate on single shifts. No more split shifts or late-night finishes*! Working only 1 weekend out of every 3/4.
*Occasional late finish and flexibility required.
ESS are looking or an experienced and passionate CHEF/EXPERIENCED COOK to join the Catering Team at – RAF Cosford. WV7 3EX
Pay Rate: £11.10 per hour
Weekly Hours: 37.5 hours per week – Part time/Job Share options can be discussed.
RAF Cosford is a military base in the West Midlands, based between Telford and Wolverhampton, Shropshire. The base is fully operational and feeds and accommodates up to 2,500 Service personnel across multiple kitchens.
As a talented Caterer, you will support the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best-in-class food offer, to military and civilian personnel but also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side with providing great food for banquets and functions.
As part of our team, you can expect to receive: –
- Great training opportunities
- Experience of working on large events and competitions
- Great work life balance through great shift patterns and ability to easily take holiday during Easter, Summer, and a better benefit of minimal shifts during the Christmas period, these are when we become quieter on our sites
- Excellent benefits; Perks at Work, Free on shift meal.
- Career progression opportunities
Candidates should have good culinary skills with an attention to detail, be a team player and yet also be capable of working unsupervised. As a chef/Cook, it is desirable to have an NVQ level 2 qualification in food preparation and cooking, however, experience is more desired, if you have the passion and drive to succeed as part of our team, there are various career pathway opportunities within our Company.
Could you bring your spark to ESS? Here’s what you need to know before applying for to be a Chef de Partie:
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Being an enthusiastic team player and excellent communicator
- Representing ESS and maintaining a positive brand image
- Complying with Food Handling & Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health & Safety regulations
Our ideal Chef de Parties will:
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Have a safety-first mind set
- Passionate about food