Shift hours: Permanent
Compass Group Plc (Compass) is a £20 billion turnover, global organisation and the world’s leading provider of food and support services. With operations across seven key business areas (Foodservice; Support Services; Business & Industry; Healthcare & Seniors; Education; Sports & Leisure; and Defence, Offshore & Remote), Compass serves customers in offices and factories; schools and universities; hospitals and senior living communities; major sports and cultural venues; and remote mining camps and offshore platforms.
The Foodbuy Solutions team is responsible for the design, build, system test and support for our in-house procurement system.
The Web Developer will work across the Compass UK & Ireland business sectors, supporting functions for the implementation of strategic and tactical systems. They will be part of a small in-house development team within the Food & Procurement Solutions department and work with the wider business supporting, enhancing, and developing the existing system.
- To provide full stack web app technical capabilities to our Product Support team
- With the support of the team, interpret requirements & drive out solutions
- Provide ongoing support to the E-Procurement system
- Work collaboratively with other D&T project teams to ensure quality solutions are delivered
- Server-side frameworks, e.g. Laravel , Coldbox
- Experience with Linux: RedHat, CentOS, Debian, etc.
- Front-end CSS framework variants e.g. Bootstrap, Tailwind, Foundation
- Understanding of UX cross platform/responsive design
- Experience creating and working with web services; SOAP, API, Restful Json
- Experience with implementing system integrations
- Ideally, familiarity with CSS pre-processors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries e.g. Sass, Less, and webpack