Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. Card Factory is really thriving as the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
As a Warehouse – Team Leader you will assist the warehouse and Assistant warehouse manager to ensure your team performs their duties to meet daily targets.
- Support the Warehouse Manager in daily operations of managing the warehouse and employees.
- Ensure effective planning and coordination of available resources to achieve daily targets.
- To update and make recommendations with AWHM regularly regarding Health and Safety.
- Motivate staff to gain the best performance and encourage teamwork to achieve targets, maximise efficiencies and minimise costs.
- Ensure that any new process or procedures are communicated to the team.
- Liaise with stores, stock controller and other departments within the organisation in a professional and timely manner to effectively support the Warehouse Manager.
- Participate in investigations and welfare meetings as required and as directed by the HR Department and Warehouse Manager.
- Ensure that all Company Policies and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Carry out the administrative duties of Team Leaders relating to the task being undertaken.
- Assist the Warehouse Manager in the coordination of arrangements for stocktakes and ensure administrative tasks are accurate and undertaken in a timely manner.
- Take responsibility for the maintenance of a clean, safe and secure environment.
- Ensure that any workplace accidents are reported immediately.
- Report any hazardous activities, damage to fixtures, fittings or property to the Warehouse Manager and Compliance and Safety Department without delay.
- To hold keys to the building and ensure the security of the designated Warehouse building where necessary.
- To take overall responsibility for the training and development of all staff within your team.
- Experience working in a supervisory position within a warehouse;
- Must have good time management skills;
- Understanding of Health and Safety policy and procedures within a workplace;
- Strong level of computer literacy – Microsoft Excel and Outlook are essential;
- Strong communication and relationship building skills;
- Experience with organizing training programs;
- Sense of ownership and pride in your performance;
- Critical thinker and problem-solving skills;
- Good team player;
- Good time-management skills;