At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Transport Coordinator to join our friendly team in Stancombe, Bristol Area.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As a transport coordinator, you will be responsible for:
- Working with a team to plan the distribution of materials and regional orders in the most cost-effective manner whilst delivering optimal volumes.
- Ensure high levels of vehicle utilisation
- Ensure low levels of haulier issues
- Providing high levels of customer service and communication to both internal and external customers
- You will also be expected to react in a timely fashion to any internal or external unplanned events as you will be coordinating live tasks
- Prior knowledge of transport planning, although this is not essential as full training will be given.
- Highly organised and ability to multi-task
- Ability to think on your feet
- Excellent communication skills will also stand you in good stead along with the ability to influence and negotiate with our haulage community
Salary: Competitive plus benefits
Location: Bristol, Avon, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/1680