Are you passionate about developing people?
Would you like to be instrumental in bringing on the next generation of Operations Engineers at Hinkley Point B Power station?
We currently have an opening for a Fleet Certified Instructor to join the Operations Control Room Simulator training team based at Hinkley Point B either permanently or on a secondment basis (up to 2 years).
Working as a Fleet Certified Instructor (FCI), you will develop and deliver high quality initial and continuing training to our Operations Central Control Room (CCR) teams. Training will be systematically developed, delivered, and evaluated to ensure it is effective and supports safe reliable station operation.
If this sounds like the role for you, we would love to hear from you!
Application Closing Date – 9th June 2023
Pay, Benefits & Culture
We can offer a competitive salary ranging from £40,069 – £84,892 and you’ll be appointed based on the parameters outlined in the Nuclear Generation Company Agreement as well as your existing salary, competence, experience, and qualifications.
This is a full-time position; however, we will be happy to discuss options regarding part time flexibility and job share if you would like to highlight this on your application.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility. We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, adjusting as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing
In this role your responsibilities will include:
- Developing and delivering engaging Control Room Simulator based training for the Operations Engineer training programme.
- Supporting organisational learning through active membership of the Operations Engineer Curriculum Review Committee (CRC).
- Providing advice and guidance on relevant training matters with reference to Site Licence requirements, statutory regulations, subject matter expertise and company training objectives.
- Contributing to the objectives of the station by increasing value and efficiency from training delivery and development of training programmes to meet the needs of the station for the defueling phase.
- Creating engaging training events that add value to the organisation.
Who you are
In addition to the above experience, you will need to be ready to demonstrate your excellent interpersonal skills to build effective relationships enabling you to be heard within our large organisation.
If not already achieved, formal training will be given to attain Fleet Certified Instructor qualifications as well as a practical understanding of the company systematic approach to training (SAT).
Experience working within a Control Room Simulator would be preferred.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.