Cygnet have been providing a national network of high quality specialist mental health services for more than 30 years.
We are currently recruiting full time Support Workers for Cygnet Woking which is a private mental health hospital offering a range of secure mental health services for men and women in a purpose-built therapeutic environment where the focus is on maximising positive outcomes and recovery.
As an active member of our dynamic team, you’ll provide support for our nursing staff including the admission, assessment, implementation and discharge of inpatients, with a focus on dignity and safety at all times.
You will receive full training and Induction into the role and work on average 38.5hrs per week covering 12 hour shifts on a rota basis.
We also operate a free shuttlebus service to pick up/drop off staff from Woking train station.
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street with healthcare, holidays & leisure or securing your future with professional development and a pension, we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
So whether you’re looking for a change of career or want to further develop, gain new skills and keep stepping up, we would love to hear from you.Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
In this role you’ll:
- Work as part of the Multi-Disciplinary Team to support implementation of the treatments and therapy as per the service users’ care plans.
- Compliment and provide support to the qualified nurses.
- Undertake safe observations of patients sometimes on a 1:1 basis or with other staff.
- Meet the physical and emotional needs of the service users in a caring and empathic manner.
- Play an active role in maintaining physical and mental wellbeing by providing and supporting individual or group work.
- Maintain a safe, clean and enjoyable environment to live and work in.
- Work within Safeguarding guidelines
- Undertake training in de-escalation and PMVA techniques to support patients with potentially aggressive behaviours towards themselves or others
We’re looking for people who have:
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a good team player
- Resilience, caring and empathic
- The sensitivity and energy required to provide a trusting, stimulating and varied lifestyle for the patients
- A genuine desire to make a real difference in people’s lives
- A strong, flexible mental aptitude and an ability to cope with the physical demands of the role
- Flexibility regarding shift patterns and ward changes according to the needs of the hospital
In return we’ll offer you:
- Full training and Induction
- Shuttlebus service from Woking train station for those commuting using public transport
- Regular coaching and support
- 2 Days extra annual leave for your birthday and anniversary date
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Company pension scheme
- Company paid Life Assurance scheme
- Smart Health Toolkit- Providing you with Fitness Programmes, Nutrition consultation and Health checks
- Free Private Health Care
- Free meals on duty
- For further details on all our benefits, please visit https://cygnetjobs.co.uk/benefits/
Successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
Job Reference: CYG31512