Our Core Values
• We are Supportive by promoting opportunities for everyone so they can reach their full potential
• We are very Ambitious to provide the best possible outcomes for the people who use our services
• We are Loyal because we put the people that we support and our staff at the centre of everything we do and we deliver on our promises. We also are committed to ensuring that our services are meeting the needs of all stakeholders
• We are Unique because we are ambitious and innovative about the diversity of the services that we provide without compromising quality
• We are Transparent by being open, honest and fostering a culture of mutual respect. We promote a culture where we learn by our experiences and we are committed to doing things better and setting the highest standards in what we do
• We are Engaging because we work in partnership with the people that we support, our staff and all our stakeholders
• We encourage everyone to experience a Meaningful life by being aspirational and by offering opportunities
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Area Essential Desirable Evidence
Literacy & Numeracy skills at Level 2 Health & Social Care Diploma Level 2 or 3
Care Certificate Application Form
Demonstrable understanding of the social model of disability.
Knowledge of safe working practices
Understanding of capacity assessments and best interest decisions
Ability to form positive relationships with service users, colleagues, parents and other professionals.
Sensitivity and understanding of discrimination and health and wellbeing issues.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Experience of working with young disabled people.
Experience of working in the care sector
Experience of working in an educational / learning environment
Experience of working with people with behaviour that challenges.
Supporting people in college or community with eating and drinking as well as intimate personal care needs
Administration of medication
Experience of maintaining written documentation such as support plans, records and monitoring forms. Application
Self-confidence, able to work independently and as part of a team
Ability to be flexible, respond positively to change, and work effectively under pressure and deal with conflicting priorities Personal and professional resilience Interview
We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
Desire to take responsibility for one’s own learning and performance and fully participating in training provided by the college Car /van driver Application