Speech and Language Therapist (Autism Residential)
Salary £28500 – £33921 dependent on experience
Permanent 40 hours per week
Location: Amberwood, BH14 9JN
Nightingale, BH6 3PX
Oakhurst Lodge, SO40 7AW
We are looking for a dedicated and caring Speech and Language Therapist to join us at 3 of our Autism residential services. This post is suitable for a newly qualified SLT or a student awaiting their registration by September 2023.
The homes are specialist residential services for autistic people who may present with behaviours that challenge. We aim to provide a safe, comfortable and effective environment for those we support, promoting independence and community integration. This role is a permanent position working 5 days a week and will carry a caseload of 27.
Choose a new role that has the opportunities you need to grow.
At Cygnet Group our reputation for quality and innovation makes us an excellent choice at this key time in your career. In your role as an SLT in our team, you’ll be supported to build your clinical knowledge, skills and experience whilst making a real difference to the lives of the individuals we support.
We are looking for a Speech and Language Therapist with:
- Placement experience OR an interest in the field of Autism Spectrum Disorders and Learning Disabilities.
- Interest in person-centred support and planning
- Understanding of the importance of being a team player with a genuine desire to help others
- Good organisational skills
- Willingness to work flexibly in a dynamic environment
- Ability to take direction from senior colleagues
- Enthusiasm, motivation and passion
Five reasons why you should make an application today…
- You will have a unique opportunity to support on the development and delivery of an evidence-based SLT service to meet the needs of the complex client group within a residential setting.
- You will be supported to train others, promote good practice and maintain a successful inclusive communication environment. Low caseload numbers enable you to provide focused support.
- We offer additional support to newly and recently qualified SLTs through the delivery of a development programme, which will enable you to build your knowledge and skills and evidence your competencies.
- You will have access to the resources and training you need to deliver the highest quality service
- You will have access to a network of over 55 SLTs in the Cygnet Group working within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, Learning Disability, Autism, Brain Injury and inpatient CAMHS.
In return we’ll offer you:
- Support with your NQP competencies, including 1:1 weekly meetings, fortnightly access to an NQP Forum and monthly Clinical Supervision from a Highly Specialist SALT working within the same local interdisciplinary team.
- An immediate peer network of SLTs working within Cygnet’s Social Care Division as well as the wider SALT Team.
- Excellent CPD and developmental opportunities
- Opportunity for collaborative working with healthcare professionals, family and carers.
- Routine service meetings with Cygnet Speech and Language Therapists
- Meal provision and parking on duty
- Travel expenses reimbursed from base location
- A comprehensive employee assistance programme and discount centre including Blue light cards, gym memberships and much more!
- Company Pension scheme
- Full induction training
Please note: successful candidates will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS check.
For an informal discussion or to find out more, please contact Celia Jarvis, Recruiter on 07702 847 341 or Carla Bartlett, Director of SLT (Social Care) on 07803248026.
Are you ready for a new and rewarding opportunity? Please apply now.
Closing date: 1 month
Interview date(s): TBC
Job Reference: CYG33650