In a Nutshell
We’re a group of fabulous places set in beautiful countryside and our hotels are full of great people… A great team.
We are actively seeking a Spa Therapy Manager for our award winning Spa at South Lodge Hotel. You will effectively co-ordinate and support the running of the Spa Therapy Department ensuring efficient communication with supporting departments, guests and staff and to maintain consistently high levels of customer service whilst maximising revenue in all areas.
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Day to day management of treatment areas ensuring high standards of professionalism, presentation and cleanliness throughout.
- Consistent scheduling of treatments to ensure efficient use of facilities and therapists.
- Assessment of all therapists, constant development and training in specialist treatments and customer service.
- Consistent monitoring of stock control and retail initiatives.
- Provide treatments and training within the therapy department to the highest standards of service whilst supporting the Spa Manger with business demands
- Maintain regular and effective communication within the team and at all levels throughout business.
- Working closely with Human Resources in recruitment and ensure all HR polices and procedures are followed (interviewing, recruiting, induction, appraisals, performance management, disciplinary)
- Assist in the preparation of annual marketing plans and budgets covering all sales and cost elements for the department
- Support the control of stock holding and develop retail side of the business whilst achieving budgeted GP%.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
- Previous management experience in a quality Spa operation
- Relevant training in field of expertise – minimum NVQ Level 3
- Evidence of specific Spa brand training/qualifications
- Evidence of driving successful sales and marketing campaigns
- Retailing experience – upselling, control, merchandising
- Knowledge of retail stock and professional stock control
- Client service skills
- Questioning skills
- Computer literate (email, word, excel, booking systems)
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.