Our multi-award-winning organisation is looking to recruit a Sous Chef to join our Hospitality team. This role may include some weekend working.
The role of Sous Chef will involve the delivery of Hospitality Services within our Campus, Care Homes, and Community Centres to excellent standards.
This is a great opportunity for an established Sous Chef with a good head for finance to head up this café operation. You will be reporting to the Executive Chef for the wider campus but will have a large degree of autonomy as we are looking to streamline the operation whilst maximising revenue opportunities.
This post is for 40 hours per week working from 7.30am to 3.30pm 5 days out of 7 and will include working Sundays.
What you will be doing
You will have a key role ensuring we deliver an excellent service to our customers, creating an inviting and pleasant environment. Your core duties will involve:
- Ensuring all food produced is to the agreed standard, developing innovative approaches ensuring market trends, cultural requirements and Kashrut laws are met
- Ensuring all food hygiene and Health & Safety practices are monitored, met, and recorded in line with organisational policies and current legislations
- Working within the agreed budget, administer unit controls in line with budget and consistently seek and implement ways of improving the quality and cost effectiveness of the service
- Leading, motivating and encouraging team building to ensure agreed qualitative outcomes are achieved and customer service expectations are exceeded and maintained
- Deputising for the Chef in their absence and comply with their responsibilities
Who are we looking for?
You will ideally have previous experience working within a busy kitchen environment, working both independently and within a team. You will need:
- Appropriate supervisory experience and relevant qualifications pertaining to the safe delivery of Food & Hygiene or Catering Services. NVQ Level 2 or 3
- Energetic, passionate and proactive attitude
- Experience of working to deadlines and adhering to budgetary requirements.
- Understands the challenge of and sensitivity needed to care and support vulnerable people