Shift hours: Permanent
We are looking for a Sous Chef to lead our hospitality dining experiences with a flourish of finesse and flair.
You will report into the Head Chef, and have a number of direct reports including Lead Chefs and Chef De Partie’s. You will be involved in menu planning, be forward thinking and have the desire to progress your career whilst being aware of our passion around sustainability and plant based recipes.
Our venue is all about quality and innovation, where you will work with the Head Chef and the wider culinary team on menu development and standards to deliver exceptional hospitality experiences for up to 5000 covers per event, ensuring we never compromise on quality and flavour through exceptional professional standards.
- Lead effective and collaborative communication with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Drive sales, manage volumes and compliance through preferred suppliers and local sourcing where applicable
- Deliver client tasting sessions for event planning
- People management of both permanent and fixed brigades across multiple hospitality kitchens on site to include effective leadership, recruitment, engagement, training, development and motivation
- Assist the culinary department to manage and control labour costs
- Take full responsibility for the technical training for new recruits and assist with coaching and mentoring all Apprentice/Trainee Chefs on formal development programmes
- Supervise the delivery of the food service provision required utilising all available resources effectively and efficiently ensuring that all meals are provided to the required quality standards at the specified times to create a consistent customer experience and avoid any service failures or penalties
- Plan food production and process orders via nominated systems and use the correct approved Compass vendors
- Check invoices and delivery notes and report any anomalies
- Supervise the receipt, correct storage and quality of commodities and report any concerns or observations
- Follow all recipes provided to ensure full compliance of nutritional/dietary requirements
- Attend Craft Forums, share knowledge and provide constructive feedback to the Food Operations Team
- Follow all waste control procedures using the Food Production Process (FPP) guidelines
- Assist with the preparation of all function/hospitality menu costs in accordance with the correct pricing structure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Keen eye for attention detail.
- Builds good working relationships with all stakeholders and delivers a service that exceeds expectations. Relationships are characterised by a high level of acceptance, co-operation and mutual respect.
- Responds quickly to changing circumstances by being flexible. To not only accept change but to seek it out. Value different perspectives and ideas.
- Adheres to a strong set of moral, ethical and professional principles which shows soundness of personal character, honesty and truthfulness. Takes personal responsibility and accountability
- A real “people” person, with rounded leadership and planning skills, with a capacity to grow and develop into new areas of expertise as required
- Well versed in clarifying client and customer requirements
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Keeps abreast of market trends and competitor performance.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft and CRM products