Location: Cavendish Square, London, W1G
The King's Fund is an independent charitable organisation working to improve health and care in England.
Searcys are proud to work alongside The Kings Fund providing high end hospitality and catering for their prestigious event calendar.
As a Senior Sous Chef you will receive the following industry leading benefits:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Up to 38 days annual leave (dependant on job role)
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Employee assistance programme
- Chef Whites Provided
- Monthly Senior Chef strategy meetings
- Meals provided on shift when working within one of our venue.
- Discount off overnight stays in London
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer / give back to the charity of your choice
Monday – Friday
Salary £38k – £40k
Occasional weekends with additional pay.
Main function of the role:
- To deputise when the head chef is out of the operation
- To lead the kitchen operation across all sections and outlets as the senior chef.
- To cost and plan menus, alongside the Head Chef.
- To monitor and guide on portion control.
- To keep up to date with new legislation including the recent changes with nutrition and the display of calories.
- To manage food and produce ordering by keeping records of waste, stock holding and food cost concerns.
- To motivate and manage the kitchen team.
- To organise rotas and any additional agency staff
- To be proactive in all aspects of running the kitchen
- To be an intecral part of all health and safety
- To provide food/service to a consistent high standard, including assisting senior chefs with functions in other different areas throughout the business.
- To manage the kitchen brigade in the absence of the executive chef
- To assist training of junior staff
- To liaise with key people in the team in order to plan for the provision of food in all areas
- To place order directly with suppliers.
- To ensure smooth running of daily operations which include ensuring no disruption to the pre agreed menu offer.
- Responsible to manage stock levels of that specific area including ordering when required as well as waste control.
- Ensure the presentation of the food is consistent with the standards set by senior chefs.
- To comply with all legal requirements with particular reference to (but not exclusively) fire regulations, security, licence requirements and any Local Authority or Client stipulations.
- To ensure all Health, Hygiene and Safety requirements are being adhered to
- As described in the Searcy Health & Safety Policy, including best practices to ensure personal hygiene at all times.
- Demonstrate Personal Development.
- Any other reasonable request by the Senior Management.
- Minimum 2 years experience in people management
- Excellent communication skills
- Takes the initiative
- Excellent time management
- Supportive / Team player
- Demonstrate high level of organisation.
- Excellent record keeping.
- To be willing to work the hours and the needs of the business
- To be able to work under pressure and to cope with any unforeseen circumstances i.e. function changes, requirements, sickness, etc.
- To have a positive and co-operative attitude.