Salary: £14.00 per hour
Shift hours: Permanent
ESS Support Services Worldwide is the defence, offshore and remote business sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. It provides food and support services to major companies and organisations operating in remote site, defence, police, prison and offshore sectors. It currently employs in excess of 30,000 employees in over 45 countries, with around 10,000 of those based in the UK.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Sous Chef with a real passion for food where you’ll be able to develop your career with the world’s leading food service and facilities management company.
We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic Sous Chef to lead our dedicated catering team at Defence Barracks, producing outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients.
From fine dining for six to feeding an Army, as a talented Sous Chef, you will supervise the daily catering operation to improve the customer food service experience by delivering a best in class food offer to military and civilian personnel. You will also have the chance to demonstrate your creative side, from Street Food to Banquets, delivering high end dining from start to finish.
If you are an innovative and creative Sous Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – we want to hear from you!
Working for this prestigious client, we are seeking a Sous Chef to join our fantastic team who produce outstanding food using the finest and freshest ingredients
- Working in a team producing high end and high-quality food
- Adhere to H&S and F&H standards
- Stock taking
- Catering for staff daily
As a Sous Chef you can expect to receive:
- Access to a wide range of programs to train, develop you and offer career growth opportunities
- Experience of working on large functions, culinary competitions & the opportunity to work on prestigious VIP events across all sectors within Compass Group
- Great work life balance through flexible shift patterns and sociable working hours
- Excellent benefits
- Full Uniform provided
As one of our talented Sous Chefs, we are looking for:
- An innovative and creative individual
- Great customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, motivational, someone who strives for excellence
- Organised, able to make robust judgements and prioritise
- Honest, transparent and consistent
- Gain and hold the respect of others
- Flexible approach with a “can do” attitude
- Strong commercial experience
- Ability to monitor and challenge the use of processes
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Passionate about food