In a Nutshell
We are actively seeking a Sous Chef within Banqueting to help prepare and cook delicious food at South Lodge.
You will work closely with the Head Chef and be responsible for assisting in the management of the food and kitchen operations. The role is varied, not only with you be looking after the Banqueting side of the business, but also elements of bar food, afternoon tea and evening meals for our live in team members.
This is a challenging but rewarding role– you will be expected to help manage the team in producing top quality cuisine & assist in the training of talented chefs. You will take charge in the absence of the Head Chef & undertake any specific function of Kitchen management.
So come and be part of something really special and help us create unique menus, develop the team and help drive this busy and exciting part of the business.
If this is the kind of opportunity you are looking for – apply now!
Lots to do, but lots of fun
- Ensure smooth running of the kitchen operation at all times.
- Understanding of and implementation of sound stock control.
- Assist the Head Chef in menu writing, planning and be proactive in assessing current industry trends and initiatives.
- Make sure the standard of food and service are executed to the highest standard at all times.
- To run the kitchen in the absence of the Head chef.
- Ordering of stock as necessary in conjunction with the Head Chef.
- Help to ensure all financial aspects of the kitchen management are adhered to in particular carry out all costings within the budget levels, management of food flash, processing of invoices and upkeep of revenue figures.
- Maintain the highest levels of food hygiene and health and safety at all times.
- Assist in recruitment and retention, training and development of the staff, working with Head chef and HR department.
- Carry out any reasonable request by the Exec /Head chef or general manager.
The Ideal Candidate
Are you right for us?
Our successful Sous Chef will have;
- A proven, successful background from within a similar luxury hospitality environment
- A true passion for food
- Ability to lead a team
- Financial Acumen
- Ability to improve standards and implemented new ideas
- Initiative and creativity
- Effective communication skills
And now for the good stuff
Hospitality is all about looking after people and we are committed to our people. We work hard to ensure you can enjoy your job and are well rewarded. As well as excellent training, development and progression opportunities, other benefits include:
- Competitive salary, benefits and we pay above the Real Living Wage.
- 30 days holiday (increasing with length of service)
- We operate a discretionary service charge system.
- 50% Discount on food and beverage across all Exclusive properties
- Really big discounts of room nights across all Exclusive properties
- PERKZ discount scheme & Online guides such as Exercise, Wellbeing, and Finance.
- Meals on duty provided for free
- Recognition and rewards scheme
- Access to our learning platform including great training and development programs.
- Free gym access + where available dedicated classes.
- B Corp accredited and commitment to improving our People, Product and Planet.
- Free downloads to newspapers, magazines and books
- Cycle to work scheme
About the Company
Are we right for you?
- We expect a lot but we’ll give a lot to get the right people. There are 4 main things we look for
- We want people with bags of character. We don’t want you to hide your personality when you’re at work, we want you to feel comfortable, to be who you are.
- We want people people. You’ve got to like being around others, smiling and chatting because you like people, not because someone told you to smile and chat.
- We need extra milers. So if you think the job description is all you have to do, then we’re not for you.
- You have to put your heart into it. When you tell a guest you’re happy to help, you have to mean it.