Shift hours: Permanent
Flexible Hours between 0500 – 1900 (Weekends may be required to suit business needs)
Salary: £27,200 (DOE)
Part of Compass Group UK&I, ESS is the Defence, Government, and Energy services sector of Compass Group UK & Ireland. We support 250+ UK military establishments, high profile police, secure environments and government sites, along with a range of onshore and offshore facilities including platforms, drilling rigs, floatels and offices for the energy sector. We know that a friendly face makes all the difference, so we look for people who are passionate about delivering excellent customer service, at all levels, to join our teams.
We have an exciting opportunity for an ambitious Sous Chef to help us create exceptional food experiences for ESS on a full time basis.
As a Sous Chef, you will be working alongside a truly passionate and charismatic Head Chef to create an outstanding culinary experience.
If you are an innovative and creative Sous Chef, passionate about using top quality fresh ingredients, and looking for a role which can offer both work life balance and career development – we want to hear from you!
In return we offer support and development to progress within a company that invests in its people, celebrates individuality, and rewards and recognises employees who go beyond the plate.
Could you bring your spark to ESS? Here’s what you need to know before applying for a Sous Chef position with us.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing delicious, high-quality food that delights our clients and customers
- Identifying opportunities to improve our food service
- Creating a positive kitchen environment where your team feel welcomed and supported
- Supporting the head chef in delivering our tasty food concepts to our customers
- Representing Compass Group UK&I and maintaining a positive brand image
- Supporting the head chef with ordering food, stock control and controlling food waste
- Overseeing kitchen cleaning responsibilities to maintain hygiene standards
- Supporting the Head Chef to manage budgets and successfully meet financial targets
- Complying with Food Handling and Hygiene standards
- Complying with Health and Safety regulations
Our ideal Sous Chef will:
- Create a positive work environment where the whole team can thrive
- Be a brilliant communicator and easily build relationships
- Strive for excellence in an eager and motivated manner
- Take initiative and make decisions that are right for our customers
- Have a desire to succeed in your role
- Possess the ability to work under pressure
- Demonstrate exceptional timekeeping and reliability
- Passionate about great-tasting food