Smart Meter Engineer – South East
Assessment Centre Dates: W/C 22nd May
Start date available: Monday 17th July
Why work for us?
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. Whoever you are and wherever you come from, we’ll embrace the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
When it comes to saving the planet, everyone’s talking the talk these days. As Britain’s biggest generator of zero carbon electricity, we’re not just talking about it, we’re doing something about it. And we’re looking for more people to join us on our journey to help Britain achieve Net Zero.
We know our people are what makes us great, and we’re dedicated to offering competitive salaries, an excellent benefits package and exciting career opportunities. Here are some of the great things that you’ll receive when you join us on your journey to becoming Dual Fuel trained here at EDF:
- £24,388 starting salary
- When qualified to work on electric meters your salary will increase to £27,026
- When Dual Fuel qualified, your salary will increase further to £32,300
- Daily performance and safety related incentive
- Annual bonus based on group performance 28 days’ annual leave (including bank holidays), increasing with length of service
- Optional overtime and standby rota
- Flexible working arrangements (on request)
- Excellent on the job training with tools, PPE, van and fuel card provided
- Exciting career development opportunities across a diverse range of roles within our business, such as EV charge point installation
- A Market leading defined contribution pension scheme
- Government tax-free childcare
- Healthcare cash plan
Options to Purchase:
- Additional annual leave
- Dental insurance
- Gym membership
- Critical illness insurance
- Personal accident insurance
- Travel insurance
- Car breakdown cover
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking for customer focused people who are looking to develop their skills and embark on the journey to becoming fully trained in Dual Fuel Metering. We’re offering you the opportunity to learn Electric and Gas metering, with EDF covering all training costs. We’re welcoming applications from candidates who share our commitment to safety, quality and our passion for delivering excellent customer service.
Within our Smart Metering and Electric Vehicle Installations team, you’ll be joining a multi-disciplined team of Smart Metering Operatives, responsible for the installation, maintenance, exchange and removal of Dual Fuel metering equipment for our customers in the South East area.
Your journey with us to becoming a qualified Dual Fuel Operative will take between 12-18 months.
It is important to note, that during the training there will be time away from home during the week including overnights stays.
During your training journey you’ll be enrolled on our 45-day electric training journey and by the end you’ll be NSAP accredited for the installation of electric smart meters. We’ll also put you through an ACS, CMA1 & Met1 qualification meaning, by the end you’ll be Gas Safe registered and able to fit gas smart meters.
Start dates available: Monday 17th July
What we need from you
- You’ll have excellent customer communication skills
- You must be reliable and personable
- You’ll take pride in delivering quality work whilst adhering to the highest safety standards
- You can useg hand tools and power tools safely
- You’ll be capable of using IT to send emails, use Microsoft Office and use web browsers
- You’ll be proactive and able to build good working relationships
- You must be punctual, flexible and customer focused
- You must hold a current Full Driving Licence (any penalties or endorsements should be declared on application)
- You must have full colour vision
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve Net Zero.