Welcome to Card Factory – and your opportunity to be part of our exciting future. As the country’s largest, independent gift and greetings card retailer with over 1000 stores, Card Factory is really thriving. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination.
Right now Card Factory has over 1000 stores… that’s why we can offer job security and great career progression. As well as being a progressive, exciting and friendly company, we reward our people’s commitment and determination. What’s more, Card Factory is ambitious, passionate and forward thinking with a management style that is open and honest, encouraging people to contribute to the business at every level.
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Shop-fit/Maintenance Foreman to join our team. This is skilled supervisory and Hands-on position in the general maintenance and repair of varied retail outlets.
In this role you be responsible for supervising the general maintenance and repair of Retail facilities and furnishings involving a variety of building trades. Work includes the supervision of skilled tradesmen and labourers.
Instructions as to what work should be done are received daily or at any time when emergency repairs have to be done.
- Act as intermediary between Maintenance Operatives and Maintenance Manager.
- Ensure all works are carried out using best construction practices and methods.
- Carry out snagging of external contractors new Shop-fits and subsequent follow-up of any remedial works.
- Have considerable knowledge of building maintenance and construction practices and methods.
- Have considerable knowledge of standard skilled trade operations and repair methods.
- The ability to inspect building maintenance and construction work for adherence to plans, specifications, and work orders.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with contractors and colleagues.
- Have a full clean driving license is required.
- Have a flexible approach to travel and overnight stays.
Competitive salary and benefits package