Location: 34 Mastmaker Road, London, E14 9UB
Party Ingredients, part of Searcys, is a specialist event catering business. We are a team of event professionals with over 40 years of providing lunches, dinners, receptions, weddings and other special events. We are enthusiastic, inspired and for whom nothing is too much trouble.
Searcys is steeped in rich heritage and is passionate about its people, therefore offers industry leading benefits which include:
- 50% discount across Searcys venues
- 32 days annual leave
- Enrolment into the Searcys pension scheme
- Access to everyday discounts and communication portal
- Access to online GP and medical benefits
- Employee assistance programme and qualified Mental Health First Aiders
- Enrolment into the Searcys Champagne School
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Your birthday off to celebrate in style
- A day off to volunteer and give back to a charity of your choice
Salary: Up to £45,000
The Senior Sous Chef will assist the Head Chefs with food production within the CPU in The Isle of Dogs, ensuring that quality and consistency is maintained. They will be assist with the responsibility of developing the menus, ensuring that they always remain on trend.
- To lead all sections in food preparation and production.
- To ensure all Food Safety, Health and Safety and HACCP procedures are adhered to in line with legislation and company policy.
- To manage and motivate all team members, focusing on their development throughout.
- To lead and set the standards for event service.
- To assist in the menu development, including costings.
- To assist with client tastings.
- To liaise directly with contract clients on menus for small scale events.
- Formal culinary training
- Previous production and event work, in a similar role
- Level 2 Food Safety Certificate
- Takes initiative but also able to accurately follow instructions
- Great time management and organisation skills
- High level of attention to detail