As a Senior Project Manager you will make a difference by developing and implementing schemes and projects to improve our environment and help people travel more sustainably. Projects in our division that you could be working on include new improvements to walking and cycling infrastructure, new bus lanes and bus priority measures and public transport and highway improvement schemes.
What will you be doing?
- In the role you will manage and motivate a staff from different teams to deliver projects to time and budget.
- You will regularly provide expert advice to customers, councillors, senior managers and stakeholders on issues, risks and project progress.
- It will be your responsibility to produce reports and analyse complex data so our customers receive accurate, up to date reports and data and will also set targets, monitoring performance and reviewing potential changes to systems to ensure services and projects are delivered successfully.
- Working closely with suppliers and partners you will negotiate and manage projects that meet business needs and service standards and in consultation with customers, providing training and information sessions so understanding of the area of expertise is enhanced.
- You will maintain high quality and consistent services to customers ensuring that agreed standards are achieved across a wide range of services and Service Level Agreements are met and responding to and resolve queries, complaints and requests from initial contact with the customer.
- Reviewing budgets, you will resolve any issues relating to budgets, financial information and resources for your area of specialism so that agreed targets are met, reports are prepared and delivered, there is efficient use of Council resources, data is managed effectively and corrective action is taken when necessary and value for money is maximised.