We value our colleagues in Cambridgeshire County Council and have developed a number of benefits:
- Flexible and creative working arrangements, including 9-day fortnights
- Flexible Bank Holidays
- A comprehensive wellbeing package
- Our Cambs Rewards employee discounts
- A comprehensive pension scheme
- IDEAL staff equality, diversity and inclusion network
- Camweb our staff intranet helping to keep you informed
- An employee recognition scheme
For our Social Workers, we offer more specific benefits like:
- Generous annual leave provision (28 days, plus bank holidays)
- A supportive management team that will champion your learning and development
- Employee Assistance Programme – access to free support 24 hours a day
- Payment for business mileage expenses (45p per mile, and for the 2022/2023 financial year an additional fuel allowance for those driving over 300 business miles each month)
- Scalable retention payments to loyal social workers in specific teams after the first full year of employment, starting at £900 which increases during the first three years of service
- A relocation package of up to £8000 for eligible candidates
- Plus, 6 days of protected time each year to enable our Social Workers to maintain their Continuous Professional Development.
Please read our benefits brochure attached for more information.
About the role
We are looking for experienced social work practitioners who have a history of supporting, leading and mentoring to join us as Senior Practitioners in our Adolescent Team!
We have recently joined the Youth Support Service which means we are closely aligned with the Youth Justice Service (YJS) and SAFE! team, who work with young people involved in criminal exploitation. As a result of these increasingly close links, as a Senior Practitioner you will be working alongside police officers, health workers, psychologists, education workers, substance misuse workers, as well as Social Workers (of course!) and many others.
We work in a trauma informed way, having regular reflective practice sessions to support you and allow time to consider approaches. We have extensive support from senior management to ensure that we are able to deliver effective interventions that make a difference for young people and their families, in all aspects of their lives.
With our recent changes, now is a great time to join us and be part of these exciting developments.
This is a rolling campaign, and we will review applications daily so please don’t wait for the closing date to apply, we want to speak to you now!
Apply or get in touch with us today by calling Beth on 01223 475920. Alternatively, you can email us on firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website for more information.
Appointment to this post will be subject to the outcome of an Enhanced Disclosure obtained through the Disclosure and Barring Service. The Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
We’re looking for confident and dynamic individuals who enjoy making a difference in their local community, are curious and spot things that others might not see, enjoys building relationships and likes to explore possibilities.
- Be a qualified Social Worker with a Social Work England registration
- Have the ability to work from a variety of locations and travel countywide independently
The successful candidate will have the following skills.
Provide professional leadership for complex case arrangements, in situations which involve risk, complexity and safety of the service user and others.
Identifying through assessment needs and strengths and source appropriate solutions and interventions.
Use analytical skills, interviews and observations to inform assessment, decision making and interventions to achieve desired outcomes.
For a full list of the requirements of the role, please check out the Job Description & Person Specification.
We want to hear from you about how you want to work that would help to bring your best self to Cambridgeshire. Prefer to work 37 hours over 4 days? Want to work 25 hours? Looking for a role where you can be flexible around commitments outside of work? Get in touch today and let’s have a chat about the right working pattern for you!
Cambridgeshire is a great place to work and live with a diverse population, an urban centre in Cambridge, historic Isle of Ely, Huntingdon and St Ives as well as more rural landscapes.
We are proud to serve the diverse communities of Cambridgeshire and want our workforce to be reflective of this diversity, which we believe benefits our employees, the organisation and our communities.
Visit our jobs and careers section to find out more about our wide range of learning and development opportunities; apprenticeships; our wellbeing package; staff benefits; our commitment to equality, diversity and Inclusion.