Salary: £44,800 – £67,200
We have an exciting opportunity for a senior software engineer to play a key role in the creation of our new mobile apps.
Working closely with our UX and Digital teams, you will coach other developers as we build a CBS mobile banking app for the Android platform.
Having demonstrable commercial Android development experience, you’ll bring fresh and challenging new ideas to our team, helping to shape the future of our digital platforms.
• Working knowledge of testing android applications, with packages such as Junit, Mockito and Espresso
• Working knowledge of android jetpack, including Compose, Room and Hilt, along with other common Android libraries such as Hilt and Retrofit
• Working knowledge of the mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies
• Experience of agile environments, preferably SCRUM
• Automated testing techniques and testing frameworks
• Team leading or mentoring experience
• Continuous integration/deployment
Coventry Building Society has grown into the second largest building society in the UK. Despite being a national Society, it keeps its local values and loyalty, and its caring family ethos.
The best way to judge a company is based on what the people who work there say and our recent employee survey has resulted in us being named as one of the UK’s Best Workplaces for Wellbeing by Great Place to Work.
We offer not only fulfilling jobs and exciting career opportunities but a place where everyone can belong and feel proud to work. What makes us such a rich and progressive place to work is the diversity of our workforce.
And of course, we don’t pretend that what you do for us is all there is to you. We want you to bring your whole self to work – parent, carer, artist, triathlete, introvert… whatever it is that makes you YOU. We offer the balance to make sure you have plenty of time to do the things you need or want to do alongside work, because we know that’s how you are able to be your best.