The Divisional Commercial Finance Lead for Education plays a crucial role in finance leadership and business partnership within the IRIS Software Group, specifically supporting the Education division. In this capacity, the individual will serve as the principal finance business partner for the Managing Director of the division, a pivotal leadership position within IRIS and a member of the Executive Committee.
Our Education division is undergoing significant growth, driven by a combination of mergers and acquisitions and internal investment. With a current turnover ranging from £60-£70 million, the division has ambitious plans for growth in FY24 and beyond. The Divisional Commercial Finance Lead for Education will play a vital role in facilitating and sustaining this growth by providing essential information to the Managing Director for strategic decision-making.
This role is well-suited for an individual with prior experience partnering with members of an Executive Committee or an ambitious professional seeking a role that positions them for future progression to a Finance Director level.
Please note: While this position can be primarily home-based, it's important to note that regular travel to our Slough/Heathrow Approach office will be an integral aspect of the role.
What will you be doing?
As a Senior Manager, FP&A in this team, your responsibilities will be as follows:
- Partnering with the Education Managing Director to offer financial support to them and their broader senior leadership team.
- Planning and executing models for multiple product and revenue streams, supporting monthly forecasts, annual budgets, and long-term strategic planning.
- Generating in-depth monthly analyses of actual performance, providing variance analysis and insights derived from actual trading results.
- Coordinating effectively with the wider finance function to create and deliver comprehensive and insightful information on the performance of the product portfolio (e.g., Orders, Pricing, Attrition, Annual Recurring Revenue (ARR), Net Revenue Retention (NRR), attributable cost).
- Leveraging various systems and the Data Warehouse to produce and improve management information that informs decision-making across the business.
- Contributing to the development of a strategic vision, identifying opportunities for value creation, and preparing the group for a potential exit.
- Undertaking ad-hoc projects and analyses as needed, such as participating in Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) projects, designing relevant processes and controls, and supporting the Managing Director in their strategic initiatives.
What are we looking for?
This role is ideal for candidates with the following skills and experiences:
- Degree-educated or equivalent qualification
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified or equivalent experience
- Experience working in a Senior Finance/Commercial Business Partnering position with Executive-level/C-suite stakeholders
- Experience working in the software or similar high-recurring/high growth industries
- Experience working in a Private Equity business, including expertise in exit preparation and execution
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and reporting skills
- Highly proficient in MS Excel and PowerPoint; experience with enterprise systems such as Exchequer, NetSuite, and Tableau (desirable)
- Additional certifications in Microsoft Excel, Power BI, and SQL (desirable).
In addition to the core skills/experience above, the following competencies are essential for success in this position:
- Exhibits strong leadership skills and is a team player
- Capable of working effectively under pressure
- Demonstrates agility and adaptability
- Ability to operate at multiple levels, including presenting at Executive leadership level
- Possesses good influencing skills, embraces change, and drives issue resolution.
- We occasionally close vacancies early in the event that we receive a high volume of applications. Therefore we recommend you apply as soon as possible.
Salary: Competitive plus bonus