Senior HR Advisor – Ashford, Kent – Must be CIPD Level 5 qualified
31 days holiday inclusive of bank holidays
Main Responsibilities and Duties:
The following is an indication of the type and level of the main priorities expected of this role as directed by your line manager and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of duties or tasks:
1. Provide advice, guidance and interpretation of conditions of service and policies for all managers and staff promoting the consistent application of HR policies, practices and procedures across the organisation. This will include supporting the HR Business Partners with case work and the delivery of training on HR processes as required.
2. Support HR Business Partners with the timely review and submission of management information reports and data to ensure that managers are aware of actions that need to be taken to support the achievement of key organisational objectives.
3. Co-ordinate and review long-term and short-term sickness absence cases, liaising with relevant Occupational Health teams to achieve the swift resolution of individual cases. This will include the preparation of management cases and provision of advice and support at hearings.
4. Review management information and liaise with HR Business Partners on appropriate interventions to support retention. This will include assessment of exit interview and on-boarding data.
5. Support and assists managers with ER cases, including disciplinary, grievance, probationary and performance management cases. This will include provision of support at hearings and undertaking disciplinary and grievance investigations as directed by the HR Business Partner(s).
6. Support the HR Business Partners with change management processes, arranging and attending meetings with managers and staff to address contractual issues as required.
7. Assist in the development of HR Policies taking account of changes to legislation, processes and procedures, including the development of any processes, procedures and guides to support the effective utilisation of HR policies across the organisation.
8. Actively participate in the delivery of the HR Strategy, including the development and completion of objectives, the organisation, delivery and promotion of events.
9. Provide cover for the HR Advisor(s) as required in order to cover absences or to assist at times of high demand.
CIPD Level 5 qualified.
Willingness to work towards CIPD level 7.
Five GCSE’s including passes in English & Maths.
Degree in relevant subject area.
Experience of employment legislation and best practice
Experience of working in a Human Resources department ideally in a similar level role
Skills & Aptitudes
A practical knowledge of Human Resources processes and administrative procedures
Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing, with managers and staff across all levels of the organisation
Ability to deal with complex and sensitive cases
CareTech Community Services Ltd is a provider of specialist social care services supporting 5000 adults with a wide range of needs in more than 300 services across the UK. Committed to the highest standards of care and governance, we provide innovative care pathways for people to live in community settings with learning disabilities, severe physical disabilities, autistic spectrum disorder, challenging behaviour, mental health, forensic needs and acquired brain injury within a range of settings including, supported living services, shared housing, residential services and outreach. We encourage people to take control of their lives – this could be finding employment, having an active social life, learning new skills or building self-confidence.
Successful candidates will be required to complete an enhanced DBS disclosure prior to commencement of employment, the disclosure expense will be met by the employer.
Due to the high volume of applications, we receive, we are unable to contact every applicant. We will be in touch 7-10 days after receipt of your CV if progressing your application to the next stage.
* Some of our roles require male or female employees only, where this is indicated it is a genuine occupational requirement, in accordance with the Equality Act 2010
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES
Location: Ashford, TN24 0NR