Senior Digital Planner
40 Chancery Lane, London, WC2A 1JA
We believe in the power of populist creativity to help brands grow, and have done so for some of the world’s most iconic brands including McDonald’s & Kellogg’s.
We also believe in the power of a strong culture that puts people and creativity at the heart of everything we do. Our guiding principles are simple: be open, be generous, be curious. We pride ourselves on a genuinely friendly and informal style where everyone’s invited.
The happiest people and most exciting places are also the most creative in our industry, and Leo Burnett has both of these, alongside a real passion for great ideas. Together, this makes it an outstanding agency for people to ply their craft.
Leo Burnett London has won a lot of awards – we regularly sit at the top of the tables for creative awards both in the UK and globally. We are a truly integrated creative agency and strongly believe that a great idea can live anywhere.
What You’ll Be Doing:
We’re looking for a Senior Digital Planner to join our team at Leo Burnett.
This will mean contributing digital strategies to our McDonald’s and Morrisons account, and beyond. You’ll team up with our digital producers and creators, and have the mentorship & support of our Planning Partners, Head of Planning and CSO.
Specifically, we’ll need your help:
- Guiding the digital thinking for McDonald’s and Morrisons delivery and loyalty verticals – delivering digital strategies, comms plans and messaging matrices.
- Autonomously working in a bespoke digital team (strategy/creative/production) to drive forward the digital agenda in the agency.
- Assisting on other accounts in need of your talents.
What Skills We’re After:
- The skills to develop rigorous but simple digital strategies that lead to outstanding content.
- Detailed knowledge of the different capabilities of digital platforms & formats.
- The ability to write clear and rigorous comms plans and messaging matrices.
- The ability to write clear and compelling strategic or creative presentation decks.
- The ability to confidently guide a campaign from client briefing to creative production.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the appetite to collaborate and partner closely with agency team.
- Plugged into digital and social culture.
- A well-practiced ability to spot inspiring customer insights within this culture.
- The ability to use common research and social listening tools.
- The ability to synthesise complex cultural, customer and commercial data into simple, clear and rigorous digital strategy.
- Experience of leading strategy for retail loyalty schemes.
- Experience of delivering and monitoring rigorous performance marketing plans.
- The ability to break down tasks into clear commercial, marketing & comms objectives.
- The ability to set and track a dashboard of KPIs.
- A clear understanding of how social metrics interact with higher-level brand and business metrics.
- Experienced at developing close client relationships, to ensure your output and guidance is listened to and depended on.
What Qualities and Behaviours We’re Looking For
- Proven experience in digital/social agencies or in-house
- An energetic self-starter, able to proactively drive projects forward
- On a mission to make commercially effective and creatively inspiring digital work.
Diversity and inclusion are a core part of our DNA at Leo Burnett. We’re committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, celebrates, and supports our wonderfully diverse employee group irrelevant of their age, gender identity, race, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability or ethnicity. Diversity and inclusion fuel our creativity and innovation, it enables us to be closer to our people and audiences. We will continue to strive to create a culture and environment where everyone feels empowered and more importantly comfortable enough to bring their full, authentic selves to work.
We are committed to providing reasonable adjustments for employees with disabilities and for candidates in our application process. If you need assistance or adjustment due to a disability, please contact us.