Hinkley Point C, Bridgwater. Hybrid role, with some travel required to other South-West sites in Bridgwater, Bristol and Gloucester.
Are you an enthusiastic Commissioning Manager looking for the next step in your career? Are you experienced in the end-to-end commissioning process and do you have excellent communication and stakeholder engagement skills? Are you the type of person who likes a fast-paced environment and likes to be challenged?
Then we have the role for you!
At Hinkley Point C (HPC) we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK, providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
We are seeking an ambitious Senior Commissioning Manager to join our expanding team, and ensure that the Commissioning Delivery organisation is supported and empowered to proceed through the preparation and execution of testing at HPC site in a safe, compliant and effective manner, by providing arrangements, expertise and supporting capabilities to the site teams.
You will be responsible for the direction and leadership of all activities associated with the full life cycle delivery of the Commissioning work streams assigned to you, while maintaining focus on nuclear safety and regulatory compliance as the main priority.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a competitive starting salary (negotiable depending on experience), we offer an excellent benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn a bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those of us with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Directly reporting and accountable to the HPC Head of Commissioning Delivery,
- Putting in place, then executing arrangements to ensure that HPC commissioning is conducted safely and effectively in the UK context using best practice from France, China and other international best practice,
- Ensuring that all End-to-End processes and related procedures are in place that processes and working methods are sufficiently mature to support effective handover of the systems and start of commissioning,
- Establishing and maintaining the Commissioning Management System – a set of company procedures for commissioning with associated guidance and work instructions,
- Delivering state-of-the-art Information Management systems including a bespoke mobile commissioning platform to manage approximately 500,000 site tests,
- Collaborating with the Head of Commissioning Delivery and other Senior Commissioning Manager to align programme objectives with project goals and nuclear safety, security and regulatory requirements,
- Recruiting, managing and mentoring the Cross Functional Delivery Support Team, facilitating a culture of nuclear safety and operational excellence.
- Supporting the NNB Genco leadership team in the achievement of all work programmes. This includes forward planning of resources and the provision of a short, medium and long term resource management plan.
- Ensuring OPEX well recorded, shared and implemented.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant engineering discipline,
- Chartered Engineer, chartered scientist, or equivalent professional standing,
- Experience of leading teams in a programme-driven project environment.
- Technical engineering or nuclear safety background with credible site-based experience in a senior leadership position.
- Understanding of UK licensing and other statutory processes, the role of the licensee and the principles of an Intelligent Customer organisation.
- Understanding of the End-to -End process of Commissioning.
- Good knowledge of Project Configuration Management and Open Points management.
- Track record of delivering projects in a commercial environment with an ability to balance pragmatic programme delivery against safety and compliance.
- Commercial awareness with an understanding of the impact of change.
- Highly effective presentation, influencing and facilitation skills.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, able to develop relationships and maintain effective networks.
Closing Date: 8th December 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.