#London or #Suffolk
EDF is at the forefront of Britain's net zero journey, and we're looking for talented and ambitious Commercial Managers to join our team.
Join our expanding teams across Sizewell C (SZC) & Hinkley Point C (HPC) and work on multi-billion pound mega projects, that will provide low carbon electricity for millions of homes for decades to come.
HPC is currently under construction and one of the largest infrastructure projects in Europe, following the success of HPC, SZC is seeking financing with a view to start construction in 2024. Together, alongside our renewables business, both projects will support Britain to achieve Net Zero by 2050.
As a Senior Commercial Manager, you will be the primary point of commercial contact on the contracts assigned to you and will need to work closely with stakeholders at all levels across the teams in HPC & SZC.
We’re recruiting across teams in Civils, Marine, Equipment, Engineering and Client – Insight. We're looking for experienced Commercial Managers who are ready for that next step or proven Senior Commercial Managers to join us.
Pay, benefits and culture…
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer flexible benefits that support our employees’ physical, emotional, and financial wellbeing. Examples include: a market-leading company pension scheme, a bonus plan, health cover, electric vehicle leasing, mental health support and employee discounts.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and will do all we can to support you through your recruitment journey with us. If you would like to talk about adjustments, or support you may need, please note this within your application.
We’ll value the difference you bring and give you opportunities to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- The day-to-day management of Commercial / Supply Chain Managers and/or Assistants.
- Manage the relationship with the supplier day to day.
- Ensure all Principal Accountabilities for the contract commercial team are implemented in accordance with commercial procedures.
- Oversee the development of a Commercial/Contract Strategy and its subsequent delivery.
- Manage stakeholder engagement for relevant area.
- Identify, define, and manage risks associated with either Contract Delivery or the Supplier and its Supply Chain.
- Procurement phase – provide support to the procurement process & Commercial Lead including participating in the development of the Project Contract Strategy & reviewing the need & proposed procurement route for all Project Contracts. This will include ensuring that the procurement programme for each contract is aligned to the Integrated Work Schedule & that adequate time is allowed for an effective procurement process leading to contract signature
- Execution phase the Senior Commercial / Supply Chain Manager will have responsibility for leading & managing the execution phase of each contract including providing an overview of the individual contracts to ensure compatibility & alignment with other projects including fundamental matters such as: Scope of Work/Services & Associated Programme; Prices & Rates Schedules; Key Personnel & Arrangements for Contract Administration, incentive arrangements.
- Closeout phase – responsible & accountable for managing the close out phase of each contract.
Who you are…
We’re looking for proven and experienced Senior Commercial Managers, with experience in FIDIC and NEC 3&4 suite of contracts and major projects, as well as knowledge of UK law and its impact upon the contracts and commercial function. You’ll also demonstrate a good understanding of procurement, contract performance measurement, risk, change and claim management.
You’ll be able to work across multiple discipline teams to develop, implement, and operate commercial strategies and contractual agreements. You’ll have a big-picture view and be able to develop and execute innovative approaches to commercial delivery for the benefit of the project.
Member of the RICS / CICES / IOB / CIPS or equivalent professional body is desirable.
If the above sounds like you, then we’d love to hear from you!
Join us. Together, we’ll help Britain achieve net zero.