Gloucester Business Park. Hybrid, with a minimum of 3 days a week in the office.
Are you an experienced Security professional with a background in physical and technical security systems? Are you looking for a career which is rewarding, and at the forefront of nuclear energy?
If so, join us as a Security Design Engineer, and you’ll join one of the most exciting and challenging projects within EDF.
The Nuclear Security Design Branch provides integrated security design services to EDF’s nuclear licensees and other customers of the Technical Client Organisation (TCO). The Security Design Branch provides technical assessment and specification in a number of areas, including sabotage and theft vulnerabilities, physical protection systems, and integration of cyber and personnel security.
As a Security Design Engineer, you will provide support to all aspects of security design, with a focus on coordinating support to licensees.
In your role, you will provide coordination, internal management, and where required will support stakeholder management, working closely with the existing Hinkley Point C-focussed team in order to replicate design. This will enable TCO Nuclear Security to give strong, integrated, and responsive services to licensees, based on experience from HPC and existing EDF UK nuclear power stations.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a starting salary from £58,000, we’re dedicated to offering flexible benefits that support our people across all aspects of their lives.
We offer a market-leading company pension scheme, paid holidays, and a range of flexible benefits, such as: a company incentive bonus plan, cycle to work scheme, discounts and employee pricing.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity, and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Defining the technical requirements and scope for all technical and physical security systems to be delivered within the programme of work to ensure a site wide fully integrated security management system is designed and approved and accepted.
- Leading with the security system validation and approval process by ensuring the EPR security design and specifications are interpreted correctly, replicated where appropriate form HPC, and, that new designs are up to date, fit for purpose and meet UK regulations and requirements.
- Supporting the delivery of the programme activities to ensure they are delivered safely, on time, to budget, meeting business & technical requirements. Informing on the progress of the programme – tracking progress against milestones, deadlines, and provide key stakeholders with reports on these matters.
- Anticipating, managing and resolving issues within programme scope. Identifying risks and facilitating the resolution of issues raised, or, escalating through TSO Nuclear Security Design.
- Supporting delivery of Security Design studies, alignment of licensee requirements and the coordination of resources from across TSO Nuclear Security, other TSO functions and the external supply chain.
- Leading on development of in internal and licensee agnostic TSO Nuclear Security operational experience (OPEX) and lessons learned process for the benefit of all current and future nuclear licensees.
- Ensuring detailed documented records are created and maintained to ensure future clarity of the process and outcomes.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Degree or equivalent education or experience in relevant security, risk management or programme management discipline.
- SC vetting is essential (or must be achievable if not already held).
- Project and work management skills in coordinating security sub-contractors.
- Experience in specifying and designing complete technical and physical security solutions.
- Track record of providing innovative security solutions within a technically complex and dynamic environment whilst ensuring high levels of safety, security and environmental responsibility, ideally within the Nuclear Energy sector.
- Good knowledge of UK Nuclear Security Regulations and legislation.
- Knowledge and/or experience of the UK government security equipment approvals process.
- A basic understanding of PWR design and the nuclear fuel cycle.
Closing Date: 25th June 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.