Location: 10-11 Carlton House Terrace, London, SW1Y 5AH
Searcys is the longest-running independent catering company in Britain. Our Vision is to be the hospitality partner of choice to British cultural and heritage markets. Design and deliver bespoke food and drink concepts with personality, run the best Champagne bars with a British twist and become a ‘London thing to do’.
Our Sous Chef for 10-11 Carlton House Terrace will be leading the small kitchen team to ensure the highest quality food is produced for our event spaces.
Main function of the role:
- To deputise when the head chef is out of the operation
- To lead the kitchen operation across all sections and outlets as the senior chef.
- To cost and plan menus, alongside the Head Chef.
- To monitor and guide on portion control.
- To keep up to date with new legislation including the recent changes with nutrition and the display of calories.
- To manage food and produce ordering by keeping records of waste, stock holding and food cost concerns.
- To motivate and manage the kitchen team.
- To organise rotas and any additional agency staff
- To be proactive in all aspects of running the kitchen
- To be an intecral part of all health and safety
- Formal culinary training
- At least 3 years' of experience within a similar role in events work
- Level 3 Food Safety Management via NCASS or equivalent
- Strong organisational skills and high attention to detail
- Great management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills