A typical day working as a Sales Apprentice at Tarmac will mean you get to work as part of a team who are responsible in providing the best service to our customers and deliver competitive prices to secure orders and ensure customer queries are resolved. You will be a vital part of this team helping to provide the best experience for our customers and smash our sales targets!
Activities may include:
- Taking inbound calls from customers querying materials and asking for prices.
- Outbound calls to customers who have jobs that have been priced.
- Proactively calling customers looking for upcoming jobs.
- Investigate complaints and invoice queries from customers.
- Regular communication with other areas of our business such as the Transport and Operations Teams to understand any issues affecting orders.
While learning in your day-to-day role, you will complete the Level 3 Customer Service Specialist qualification, providing you with knowledge and skills to support you in your exciting career. Further details of the qualification can be found here:
Our people come from a variety of different backgrounds. The following transferable skills and qualifications are beneficial in this role:
- GCSEs (or equivalent), A-C or numbered equivalent (9-4) including English and Maths.
Enthusiastic about starting a career in sales .
Be motivated and take pride in doing a good job.
Good listening and communication skills .
A team player.
Willing to learn and develop.
Location: Chester Le Street, County Durham, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/109/2328