Aztec West with flexibility of working from home, minimum 3 days a week in the office.
Occasional travel to France will be required.
Do you have experience in the nuclear industry? Do you have a good understanding of UK EPR technology and Engineering Design? Are you looking to develop your expertise in the exciting and challenging environment of new nuclear build?
If so, join us as a Replication Lead and you’ll join one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
EDF EPR Engineering UK (EPR-E) is the UK design and engineering entity for the new nuclear power stations at Hinkley Point C and Sizewell C. In particular, EPR-E is responsible for part of the design of the nuclear island for the Hinkley Point C (HPC) project and to prepare the design replication and engineering activities for the Sizewell C (SZC) Project.
For the SZC Project, work on the replication strategy and some early design studies are already underway and being delivered and managed from both France and the UK. The SZC project is managed by a project team, partly located in France and in the UK. The strategy for SZC is for most of the scope of Nuclear Island design replication activities to be lead and managed in the UK from the Bristol office. EPR-E work closely with the SZC designer teams in France and Germany.
As a Replication Lead in the Plant Integration (PI) team, you will be in charge of the SZC Replication processes, both Nuclear Services Agreement (NSA) and on behalf of the Employer, and the Intellectual Property management process ensuring their application over the Consortium for the provision of NSA activities.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a salary from £65,000, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Managing, developing, and updating the Replication process, including associated documentation.
- Supporting EDF/Edvance for the application of the Replication process.
- Developing and updating the SZC reference configuration and its management processes.
- Developing and maintaining a process to respond to the List of Deliverables Required from the Employer (LDRE) requests.
- Developing the specifications of the tool in consistency with replication and reference configuration management processes.
- Supporting other entities with the development of the Replication tool.
- Assessing and validating potential updates during the lifecycle of the tool, based on requirements and feedbacks from Edvance and CNEPE relevant stakeholders.
- Managing the Replication training materials for training the relevant workforces..
- Contributing to the PI management team.
- Delegating PI Configuration Engineers, the oversight of Replication on specific scopes.
- Being a managerial “relay” in Bristol whilst the head of PI is based in France.
- Supporting the Consortium Intellectual Property Lead for Sensitive Information categorisation.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the nuclear industry with a very good understanding of UK EPR technology and Nuclear Plant Operation.
- Technical Integration knowledge and configuration Management.
- Ability to deal with multiple interfaces.
- Organisational skills, capability to meet commitments and deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of nuclear engineering design sequences and interfaces.
- Experience with EPR documentation structure.
Closing Date: 10th December 2023.
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.