We are seeking an enthusiastic Commis Chef to join our Hospitality team. The Commis Chef will assist with food preparation, basic cooking and storage under the guidance and supervision of the Chef de Partie, whilst adhering to all Health and Safety regulations and procedures. The Commis Chef will alternate around areas of the kitchen, such as vegetables, fish and meat, and sauces, typically on a six-month rotation programme.
What you will be doing:
- Supporting the Head Chef, Sous Chef and Chef de Partie with the management and delivery of all catering services throughout across Jewish Care, ensuring that resident liberty, dignity and safety are maintained.
- Ensuring all food hygiene and Health & Safety practices are monitored and standards are met and recorded in line with organisational policies and current legislation.
- Meeting the special needs and dietary requirements of residents and demonstrating awareness of cultural and religious preferences.
- Preparing and cooking nutritional food and beverages to a high standard.
- Monitoring stock, including stock rotation and standardising equipment checks and reporting any faults.
- Adhering to Kashrut regulations and undergoing training to gain better knowledge on Kashrut laws.
What you will need:
- Previous experience in the catering industry, preferably in multi-site operations.
- Knowledge of dietary requirements and allergen awareness.
- Knowledge of cultural requirements and producing a varied menu.
- Knowledge of Health & Safety policies and legislation.
- Ability to follow instruction and ability to learn.