Salary: Up to £25,000 plus benefits
Shift hours: Full Time
Sodexo have an excellent opportunity for a Regional Cleaning Supervisor to join our busy team. The role will be a home based role however will require regular travel to our site locations across the East of Scotland
The role will be responsible for supervision of all cleaning contracts within our Police Scotland sites. You will be supporting our Operational support Manager and responsible for a small team of direct reports – 2 compliance supervisors.
The successful candidate should have previous experience within a similar role however full support and training available for the right candidate, must have fantastic people skills and have an excellent understand of COSHH.
Our wealth of experience partnering Government Agencies means we are able to transfer best practices from the corporate sector to create better working environments in the public sector. We bring services that increase employee engagement, wellbeing and productivity to the public sector to help support government to deliver on its promised outcomes while reducing costs. Our goal is to improve service outcomes and reduce overall costs to the taxpayer.
- Assist the Cleaning Manager with the day-to-day operations and organisation of the region.
- Hold regular meetings with the Compliance Supervisor for the Region.
- Ensure that all areas are monitored and maintained in accordance with HSWA and COSHH regulations.
- Assist in the control of all chemicals and equipment in line with HSWA and COSHH regulations.
- Assist the Cleaning Manager with the Company Quality Assurance Audit as specified for their designated sites in line with the predetermined Audit Schedule.
- Assist the Cleaning Manager with Health and Safety Compliance, including Health and Safety Files.
- Manage all team members at stations defined within the cleaning structure.
- Manage the mobile teams for the region
- Complete Health and Safety Walks in line with the predetermined Safety Walk Schedule.
- Produce Regional Hours Delivery reports on a weekly basis to be shared with the Client/Cleaning Manager.
- Manage all Annual Leave requests/Absence Cover and ensure that adequate cover is in place for the duration of the employees’ holiday/absence.
- Ensure all employees are trained in Health and Safety and Great Training and a training schedule is in place for the region.
- Manage the Kronos System and Payroll for the region.
- Ensure that Team Briefings/Company Updates are communicated out in a timely manner
Please see attached job description for further information regarding the role requirements.
- Demonstrate experience of working in a similar role within the service industry at a comparable level in a company
- Ability to solved problems and liaise with your line manager to implement appropriate actions
- Previous experience of working in standards driven/compliance environment
- Strong knowledge of health and safety and COSHH regulations
- Ability to prioritise and deploy resources effectively
- Client relationship experience
- Awareness of quality management systems e.g. ISO
- IOSH qualification
- British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICS) qualified
- Knowledge of external cleaning developments and innovations
- Previous experience of effectively supervising a team
- Leadership skills and knowledge
Location: No Fixed Location – East Scotland, England