At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for a Quarry Manager to join our friendly team at Aberthaw in Barry.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting to the Production Manager, in the role of Quarry Manager you will be responsible for:
- Lead and develop a sustainable health and safety culture coupled with environmental excellence.
- Responsible for all quarrying and associated activities and will ensure that the factory’s requirements for raw materials are met in both terms of volume and quality, at the lowest sustainable cost.
- This is a key position for Aberthaw operations and the incumbent in the role is expected to be developed and trained in all cement production aspects in the medium term.
- This position requires someone who can demonstrate an in-depth technical understanding of maintaining quarry operations is a proven leader and has experience of building positive relationships with local stakeholders.
- Site operations are 365 days, 24/7 and the role requires flexibility to ensure effective running of the plant. This will involve night working, weekend and bank holidays if necessary.
The ideal candidate for the role of Quarry Manager will have experience of:
A minimum of 5 years’ experience in quarry management as well as strong leadership skills
Education level required Mining Engineering degree or Minerals extraction equivalent
Knowledge of current safety and environmental regulations, supported by a minimum QCF 6 in SHE quarry operations or equivalent
MPQC Level 4 geotechnical knowledge and practice
MPQC Shotfiring certificate
MPQC Explosive supervisor certificate
Experience of working with heavy mobile equipment and fixed /mobile crushing plant
Understanding of drilling and blasting operations
Experience of undertaking risk assessments and developing safe working procedures
Salary: Competitive Salary + Excellent Benefits
Location: Barry, South Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/67621/3731