At Griffiths, our people are our company. The way in which we treat people – both our employees and the communities in which we live and work – is a core value that has driven our continued growth over the past five decades.
We are a Welsh regional civil engineering and construction contractor with our head office based in Abergavenny. Operating out of regional centres across Wales and England we construct new roads, bridges and railways as well as maintaining existing developments.
In 2018, Griffiths became part of Tarmac, the UK’s leading sustainable building materials business and a wholly owned subsidiary of CRH. Griffiths has over 1,000 employees operating across 100 sites or schemes at any given time.
We are currently looking for a Quantity Surveyor to join our rail project team supporting our Core Valley Line packages of work in Treforest, Pontypridd, South Wales.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
As Quantity Surveyor you will have worked in a similar industry and will have experience of working on civil engineering projects. Other responsibilities for this role will include:
· The measurement and preparation of valuations and receipt of certificates
· Securing payments from the customer within the specified contract terms
· Recording, monitoring and reviewing the financial performance of the contract
· Production of the financial accounts (CVR) and report to senior management on the project performance
· Liaising and presenting to the client on the project performance
· Subcontract procurement and management of subcontractor accounts
· Change management, compiling change notices, evaluation and agreement
· Supporting Managing QS with junior staff development
· Pre-contract pricing as required
It is preferred that the successful candidate are;
· educated to degree level in Quantity Surveying, although other equivalent qualifications may be accepted (HNC/HND)
· members of a relevant professional body e.g. CICES, RICS
· experienced of working on general Civil Engineering projects (essential) and of Railway infrastructure projects (preferred).
The ideal candidate will also possess:
· A passion for safety
· Experience of using the NEC and/or ICC (NR) forms of contract
· Valid PTS
· Drive and ambition to succeed
· Good interpersonal skills
Salary: Excellent Salary + Company Car/Allowance + Benefits
Location: Pontypridd, Mid Glamorgan, Wales
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/47942/4107