At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently recruiting for a Quality & Systems Advisor to join our fantastic team. This is a Home Based role with elements of travel covering our North & Scotland region.
Here at Tarmac, we are working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting directly to the Quality and Assurance Manager, as the Quality & Systems Advisor you will be responsible for implementing, embedding, auditing and reviewing the use of various company Management Systems, (Quality, Environmental, Energy and OH&S). As well as ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and 3rd Party registrations/accreditations.
You will also take an active role to help staff identify the root cause of issues and encourage continual improvement in all aspects of the business.
- Plan and undertake routine internal audits (Quality, Environmental, Energy and OH&S), of all active operational sites and processes within an allotted geographic area. Perform non-routine internal audits or revisits when appropriate.
- Organise periodic reviews within an allotted geographic area to facilitate a structured review and promote forward planning and action to improve the operation of management systems.
- Accompany BSI or other external quality assessors when identified as appropriate to benefit the business.
- Take a proactive approach to ongoing training and development for self and the business’s functional staff. Assist where appropriate.
- Support Commercial and Operations teams with regional issues relating to quality management, e.g. tender enquiries, bid submissions, site or term contracts, etc.
- Work as a member of the overall HSEQ team, contributing to projects and delivering key messages to the business as appropriate.
- Where necessary, support best practice approach to handling and investigating customer complaints, exploring any connections between audit and complaint trends.
- Bring best practices from other geographic areas via Q&S team to your area.
- Maintain awareness of all H&S and Environmental issues through attendance at regular team briefings and discussions.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate previous experience in a technical/quality advisory role with experience in conducting audits, problem-solving, coaching/training, understanding of relevant standards, understanding the relevance of audit issues to cost and risk, high standard of report writing, product knowledge, process knowledge.
- Management System Lead Auditor qualification (ISO 9001, 14001 or 45001)
- ISO 17025 training course
Salary: Home Based + Competitive Salary + Bonus + Excellent Benefits Package
Location: Chester Le Street, County Durham, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/111/3590