Salary: £9.50 – £9.50
Shift hours: Part Time
About the role
Are you the person with the know-how to keep the behind the scenes facilities running like clockwork? We currently have an opportunity for a Post Room Operative to support our post room operations, at Manchester university foundation trust hospitals !
You’ll deliver 5 star customer service whilst providing an efficient, professional mail service to our clients and contractors. This involves sorting the incoming mail, delivering the mail correctly in a timely manner and arranging outgoing mail for scheduled pick ups.
You’ll also be the go-to person for all incoming deliveries, so you’ll be supporting the security team to ensure they are aware of all deliveries and that they accounted for in a timely manner.
Sodexo reserves the right to close this advert early if we are in receipt of a high number of applications.
A few things about you
Some previous experience and knowledge of a similar role would be great! However, we do provide full training- so if you have a willingness to learn and adapt within a team we would love to hear from you!
You matter! At Sodexo we are incredibly passionate about personnel growth, growing as a team and recognition, so you can expect appraisals, team huddles and constant support!
Sodexo embeds a strong Safety culture in everything we do. There’ll be company procedures to follow alongside our Health & Safety practises so it’s vital that you’ll champion this.
- Sort all incoming mail in preparation for delivery.
- Redirect all incorrectly addressed mail as appropriate.
- Ensure all incoming Special/Recorded delivery items are forwarded to the addressee where appropriate.
- Complete delivery round within scheduled timeframes.
- Pick up all outgoing mail from collection points within scheduled timeframes
- Identify all outgoing Special/Recorded delivery items and ensure that the appropriate paperwork has been completed to accompany such items.
- Sort all outgoing items into internal & external mail
- Categorise and frank all outgoing external mail ensuring correct postage payment to avoid returned items from Royal Mail
- Ensure that mail is kept secure at all times
- Ensure that mail delivery trolleys are maintained fit for purpose and in line with health and safety legislation
- Respond to and complete tasks scheduled or by ad hoc request as per company policy
Location: Manchester, England