£25,000 – £29,000 DOE
** At Saga we’re radically flexible which means our colleagues have total autonomy over where they work – home, hybrid or hub. This role has a hybrid element which means our team come together when we need to collaborate.**
As a Personal Injury Claims Handler, you will be handling the settlement of Motor Personal Injury claims in accordance with Best Practice. You will need to ensure that Personal Injury claims are correctly retained and handled under the Official Injury Claim (OIC) Portal and Ministry of Justice (MOJ) process.
- Manage own portfolio of cases within personal authority limit to ensure that key performance measures and targets are met in accordance with personal delegated handling authority, referring cases to the relevant senior members of the team where appropriate
- Establish contact with the customer/suppliers and relevant establishments to collect all the relevant information to support timely decision making on liability and quantum, ensuring that all contact is professional
- Using the appropriate medium, negotiate a fair and reasonable settlement of the claim to the satisfaction of all parties
- Ensure that claims handling processes are consistently applied in line with Best Practice within own areas of responsibility
- Identify opportunities to improve operating efficiency or effectiveness within the claims handling process to minimise the cost of claims handling and to optimise customer and colleague service
- Demonstrable knowledge and competence of handling motor claims and Third Party claims handling
- Ability to develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all Personal Injury processes and claims handling techniques
- Proven ability to work under pressure to achieve challenging claims handling performance targets
- Ability to negotiate settlement of liability with Customers, often in circumstances where the issues are emotive to the Customer
- Ability to negotiate settlement of Personal Injury Claims
- Knowledge of common law and legislation governing Motor Insurance and the principles applying to injury and damage quantum assessment
- Knowledge of litigation procedures with the MOJ, OIC and Civil Procedure Rules processes
- Ability to analyse information and draw out relevant facts
- Good communication skills and able to converse with customers and peers in a friendly, cheerful, empathetic and helpful manner
Our Saga Values:
- Precision Pace – Always owning and making things happen.
- Empathy – Always aware of others.
- Curiosity – Always asking why.
- Collaboration – Always one team, the Saga team!
Job Reference: saga/TP/56250/2431