At Tarmac, ‘who you are’ matters. We want to get to know you. If you share our values and are proud of a job well done, collaborative in working well with others and ambitious to make things better, then have a read of what we have on offer.
We are currently looking for multiple Operatives to join our fantastic team based in Biggleswade, Bedfordshire. This role will be working Monday to Friday with overtime in busy periods.
This is a varied, complex and rewarding position that requires the right attitude. Tarmac can offer a robust training programme to the right candidate following a probationary period. Training includes various mobile plant and safety related programs.
We’re working hard to create a dynamic and inclusive environment and it’s important that our people come from a variety of different backgrounds.
Reporting into our production supervisors, the successful applicants will be responsible for:
- Maintenance and driving a culture of zero harm and behavioural safety.
- Rotating round and supporting our sites on meeting daily production target requirements.
- Reporting of data for quality purposes and helping to achieve against quality KPIs.
- Meeting customer service requirements in terms of accurate loading and timely vehicle turnaround.
- Continuous Improvement of performance standards
- Completing housekeeping and day to day activities as instructed by line manager
As part of our production team, you will be able to demonstrate proven experience working within a similar factory environment. You will also:
- Have Mobile plant licences – forklift, clamp truck, shovel (ideal but not essential)
- Have good communication skills.
- Be motivated and willing to learn new skills.
- Hold a full UK driving licence (dependent on location).
- Be flexible in your working approach.
Location: Biggleswade, Bedfordshire, England
Job Reference: tarmac/TP/119/3265