*£3000 Welcome Bonus *£1000 Recommend A Friend Bonus!
ROC Northwest Ltd offers residential care and education for SEMH (social, emotional, mental health) children and young people, including children with Autistic Spectrum Disorders, Learning and Physical Disabilities, as well as other complex needs associated with trauma and ACES (Adverse Childhood Experiences).
ROC Northwest is also part of the UK-wide CareTech family who are committed to providing each child with opportunities to have their individual needs met.
We are embarking on a significant period of growth in line with our ambitious plans and, at the absolute core of our business, is our commitment to supporting our amazing children and young people with their own needs, desires and dreams to reach their personal best.
About the Role
The Operations Manager has responsibility for the oversite and management of services within an identified region. This includes the quality assurance of all statutory and legislative standards pertaining to operational compliance and high quality care for children.
The overall focus is to maintain stability, develop outstanding services with professionally trained staff, and to attain financial viability to secure growth with an aim of securing excellent outcomes for young people.
In your new role you will:
- Ensure the operational management of the delivery of care and services including the environments.
- Provide Line Management support and supervision to Home Managers.
- Where there is a Home Manager absence/vacancy, to provide appropriate management support as necessary to ensure consistency of operations.
- Ensure all staff adhere to organisational policies and procedures and relevant legislation and statutory guidance.
- Work to the strategies, budgets and plans agreed within the organisation.
- Contribute towards the conduct of regular evaluation of progress against service and wider organisational development plans.
- Work in conjunction with other members of the ROC Northwest Senior Management team as well as with the wider Caretech Management team, in support the quality of service delivery across the whole group.
- Ensure that each children’s home under your responsibility meet and exceeds the standards and expectations contained in its Statement of Purpose as well as fully complying with Ofsted requirements and recommendations.
- Lead on all safeguarding matters. Ensure the safety of all children and staff, and that safeguarding practice, procedures and recording meet all current requirements and expectations.
- Work with the Service Director and Referrals to meet agreed admissions and placement targets.
- Ensure that effective placement plans, risk assessments, education and health care plans, and all other relevant documentation, are in place for resident children.
- Support the process of establishing and maintaining a stable, competent and motivated staff team in all of our homes. This will include completing management investigations and disciplinary hearings as and when required.
- Carry out training needs analysis for the region and participate in planning and delivery of the ROC Northwest training programme.
You will ideally have:
- Experience at a senior management level within the care sector – exceptional managers looking to progress will be considered
- Experience of managing and developing others within a changing and fast moving culture and environment
- Experience of working with children and young people who live in a residential service.
- Level 5 Leadership and Management for Care Services
- Equivalent Management qualification
- Skills of managing and leading others
- Able to engage staff and young people
- Knowledge of policy and practice in relation to equality and anti-discrimination
- Knowledge of how to drive change, to promote change – including how to manage and motivate others within this service
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, compliance and good practice initiatives
- Able to meet targets and deliver results within competing demands and time pressures
- Able to present information in a logical and appropriate manner to a range of stakeholders
As part of this role, we offer a range of specialist training programmes to support you in your work and invest in your professional development. These include:
2 week paid induction programme
Dedicated learning and development programmes
Access to a wid
Location: Preston, PR5 6BL