Would you like to explore a rewarding career experience as an Occupational Therapist?
Cygnet Health Care was established in 1988 as an independent provider of health and social care services in England, Scotland and Wales.
Post: Full time (37.5 hour) band 5 OT
Salary: £34,500 – £37,000 per annum
Learning Disability Mental Health
Learning Disability Other (ASD)
10 – 15 service users
Supervision of an OTA
Responsible to: Head of OT and Regional Lead OT
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Location: Cygnet Hospital Harrow, London Road, Harrow-on-the-hill, HA1 3JL
Summary of the site
Cygnet Harrow is a 60 bedded hospital based in one of the most beautiful areas in London. We have a variety of different wards, including male open rehab, male locked rehab, male low secure services, and acute services. We cater predominantly for the LD/ ASD services on 3 of our wards. We have a designated qualified OT and OTA on each ward as well as an Activity Coordinator supporting the activities on the acute ward.
We are currently looking for an Occupational Therapist to join our Occupational Therapy Team to support recovery and rehabilitation activities in the integrated care pathway at Cygnet. You will mainly be working on the male rehabilitation wards but there will be some crossover and opportunity for rotation to the low secure ward as you progress within the role.
In this role you will assess, implement and develop an OT treatment programme according to service user’s diagnosis and identified needs. This will be based upon findings from assessments including associated risks, in order to develop treatment plans accordingly. You will be an integral member of the Multi-disciplinary team (MDT) and OT department whilst working autonomously with the support of an OTA. The MDT wrap around the service to support the individuals in our care throughout their journey with us to capture and manage risk and relapse in community settings.
The team consists of nurses, psychologists, psychology assistants, occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants, social workers and psychiatrists as well as 24/7 support from the nursing team. This means that we are able to meet the changing needs of our service users as they progress through their care pathway, while ensuring their safety is maintained and their independence supported.
If you feel you suit the criteria, then please make an application today. For an informal discussion about the role please contact our in house recruiter Hannah Dunlop 07720497792.
With over 150 OTs in the company, we also work together as a large team providing support to each other across the group, with various specialist interest groups to tap into including Mental Health, Neuropsychiatry, Autism, Learning Disabilities and Sensory Integration, to name a few.
Occupational Therapy Directorate
Under the leadership of our occupational therapy directors we support over 150 Occupational Therapists. Working together as a large team we provide support to each other across the group, with the opportunity to be part of specialist interest groups & become involved in service development.
Every service line has a clinical lead occupational therapist to lead and develop evidence based practice and agreed occupational therapy pathway.
We ensure our occupational therapists have a voice through participating in service model development, utilising the expertise and support of our clinical lead occupational therapists.
5 reasons why you should make an application today…
- We care about people in our services
- Career pathway progression within the company to support your development and skills, including sensory integration training and leadership and management training
- You will be an integral part of a large, well established MDT with extensive experience to draw from
- Dedicated CPD time being part of a national network of over 150 OTs in the Cygnet Group within different specialisms including Forensic Practice, LD and ASD, Acute mental health, PICU, and inpatient CAMHS
- You will be a part of a friendly and supportive team of 3 OT, 3 OTAs, 1 AC, 1 Fitness Instructor and a tutor who are driven to provide excellence and where innovation and creativity are welcomed with enthusiasm.
The Successful Candidate should be/ have:
- A registered Occupational Therapist with the HCPC (Health Care Professions Council).
- An understanding of Occupational Therapy process/ interventions and can take a “hands on” approach.
- Excellent communication and time management skills
- Passionate about student education
- Ability to manage highly demanding clinical presentation
- Interest in the field of adult mental health/learning disabilities (ASD) mental health
In return we will offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A preceptorship (if required)
- Free parking and free meals for staff on duty
- Opportunities for CPD and to undertake further learning and development. For example: Leadership & Management, and Sensory Integration.
- Training days provided by highly experienced and renowned OT specialists
- Expert clinical supervision from Regional Lead and peer support
- Bi-monthly OT CPD meetings focused on skill and strategic service development.
- Employee referral scheme: recommend a friend to us and claim a cash reward for their successful hire.
- Group pension: a generous pension plan helping you save for your future.
- NHS Discount Cards & Blue Light Card – includes big brand discounts.
- Wellbeing centre with exercises, recipes, financial and mental health advice.
- Plus much more…
A career at Cygnet comes with excellent benefits. Whether it’s saving you money on the high street, with healthcare, holidays & leisure – or securing your future with professional development and a pension – we support you to be happy both in & out of work.
Apply now to enjoy excellent career prospects while reaping the rewards of making a difference to others – every day.
If you would like to discuss this role with the recruiting occupational therapist or arrange an informal visit, we’d be more than happy to facilitate this. Please contact: Michelle van Vuren at firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be required to undergo an enhanced DBS and reference check and an offer of employment will be subject to successful clearance.
*Recruitment agencies please note: Speculative emails are not to be sent directly to our clinical staff, these need to go via our internal recruitment team. If speculative candidates are sent directly to a member of the clinical team, we will consider these candidates as our own*
Job Reference: CYG32127