Job type: Part time and full time available. Permanent.
Salary £27, 055 – £40, 588 per annum depending on experience and qualifications
Schedule: 12 hour shifts.
Licence/certification required: NMC Registration with Pin
Skills: Tracheostomy experience desirable but training given.
Salutem Care and Education have services across England and Wales supporting adults and children in residential and education environments.
We are looking for nurses to join our team. We are a small residential home working with disabled children with complex care needs. Ty Cwtch is based in beautiful Cardiff and the staff help support and educate children with both physical and learning disabilities and help them to live their best lives.
The individuals they support at Ty Cwtch love socialising with peers. They take regular trips to the farm and love visiting Cardiff Bay! They love parties and have recently celebrated their 10th Birthday! They’ve been known to dress up on Halloween and love painting and decorating too. They recently painted a family tree on one of the walls that features all the staff and management team. They love to celebrate their staff and work excellently as a team; one team member has recently received recognition for her 45 years’ service! The manager often shares their successes with the rest of Salutem; “I am extremely proud of the work that has been produced these past weeks and the time and effort that have been put into making sure that Ty Cwtch is a worthwhile and beneficial home for the children who live in it!”
As part of our nursing team you will be involved with all aspects of care within the home and involved with care planning, risk assessments and liaising with the multi-disciplinary team. Our team of therapists are based on site delivering a holistic approach to our students needs alongside our nurses, support workers and teaching team.
The nursing role is expanding to deliver an overarching system of nurse-led care for our students within Ty Cwtch. One to one work with students with tracheostomies is incorporated into our week with time during the working week to safely plan, deliver and record care for all students.
We aim to make our shift patterns flexible with a mixture of one to one shifts and home based shifts to oversee the care of our students.
Students we support become part of our Salutem family where we endeavour to provide a fulfilling life for our students to thrive. We are immensely proud of the part we play in creating meaningful days for everyone at Ty Cwtch. This includes staff, who are supported to further their professional capacity with training, CPD and valuable skill set.
- To assist the lead nurse with the organisation of the nursing team at Ty Cwtch.
- To process the assessment and interpretation of information regarding children and young people’s health needs and take appropriate actions.
- To provide skilled nursing care and undertake clinical procedures as required including management of PEG and tracheostomies.
- To ensure the wellbeing of children and young people within the service.
- To ensure safe and effective evidence-based practice by adhering to statutory guidance for practice.
- To maintain standards of care in line with local and national guidelines.
As a member of our nursing team we offer:
- Competitive rates of pay dependent on experience.
- Wagestream – our financial planning app, making it easier to access and manage your finances and allowing you to access up to 30% of your pay throughout the month when you need it.
- Training opportunities including out internal programme at Salutem and use of external training for specialist training needs.
- Induction programmes including training and supernumerary shifts to achieve full competencies in specialist complex areas, including tracheostomy, PEG and dysphagia training.
- Perkbox – We have a great employee benefits platform called Perkbox, this includes over 200 different exclusive perks and discounts such as cinema tickets, flights/holidays, theme parks, days out plus much more.
- Employee support helpline. You will have access to private and confidential employee support covering a wide range of topics including financial advice, health and well-being and more available, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We have a massive duty of care towards those we support who are often the most vulnerable in society, which is why our staff are encouraged to keep up to date with vaccines and focus on self-care too.
- Company pension.