Aztec West with flexibility of working from home, minimum 3 days a week in the office.
Occasional travel to HPC site and Paris
Are you proactive and confident in communicating with others? Do you have experience of EPR or PWR specific nuclear design codes and standards? Are you looking to develop your expertise in the exciting and challenging environment of new nuclear build?
If so, join us as a Nuclear Safety Engineer and you’ll join one of the most exciting and ambitious projects within EDF, as we continue to lead the rebirth of nuclear in the UK.
At Hinkley Point C (HPC) we are building two new nuclear reactors, the first in a new generation of nuclear power stations in the UK providing low carbon electricity for around six million homes.
EPR Engineering UK (EPRe), established in 2023, is responsible for delivering the design for a number of NI buildings, systems and equipment contracts for the Hinkley Point C EPR Project through an integrated team, support to HPC construction and commissioning activities, and preparing design replication feasibility and engineering activities for the Sizewell C Project. Therefore, a Technical Directorate is being created, responsible for the engineering disciplines and technical expertise required to deliver the different engineering projects through integrated teams in EPR-E.
As a Nuclear Safety Engineer, you will be supporting the integrated engineering teams working at EPR-E, acting as an independent assessor and advisor for the application of internal processes and nuclear design codes.
You will be interacting with teams in Bristol and the Joint Design Office on HPC site to ensure accuracy, consistency and robustness of Nuclear Safety related deliverables.
Pay, benefits and culture…
Alongside a salary from £55,000, we offer a competitive benefits package, including a company pension scheme, a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle, and the opportunity to earn bonus.
At EDF, everyone’s welcome. We strive to create an inclusive and diverse environment where everyone has a voice and where you feel confident being yourself. We’re committed to equality, diversity and inclusion. We’d like our future workforce to have an equal gender balance, represent a broad mix of people from minority ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQ+, those with a disability and supporting social mobility.
We’re a disability confident employer and we’ll do all we can to help with your application, making adjustments as you need.
We’ll value the difference you bring and offer opportunities for you to thrive and succeed.
What you’ll be doing…
- Planning and managing an independent Nuclear Safety oversight program for EPR-E deliverables and other key activities
- Performing independent reviews of EPR-E engineering deliverables across a wide variety of topics and systems
- Assessing the performance of EPR-E processes to ensure that Nuclear Safety is prioritised appropriately.
- Assessing Nuclear Safety trends and providing independent advice to improve standards across the organisation.
- Participating in decision-making processes and meetings to provide an independent Nuclear Safety viewpoint.
- Advising engineering personnel on Nuclear Safety, nuclear regulatory issues, and safety categorisation of design changes.
- Routine reporting on Nuclear Safety performance to EPR-E (UK) and Edvance (France).
- Developing and delivering Nuclear Safety-related awareness training.
- Contributing to the organisational development of Nuclear Safety Culture through participation in the ‘Nuclear Safety Champions’ Network.
- Identifying ways of improving the level of Nuclear Safety awareness and personnel engagement in collaboration with other members of the NS&Q team.
Who you are…
Your background may include some of the following:
- Engineering or science degree (or equivalent qualification).
- Relevant experience working in a highly-regulated / safety-conscious industry.
- Knowledge of relevant nuclear safety related codes, standards and practices.
- Knowledge and/or experience of nuclear reactor design, operations and safety.
- Experience in applying nuclear safety principles and/or regulations to the review of nuclear facility design or operation.
Closing Date: 10th December 2023
Join us and together we can help Britain achieve Net Zero.