Salary: £38,000 – £44,500 per annum
Shift hours: Full Time
Are you hungry for the opportunity to be part of something exciting?
HMP Bronzefield is recruiting for a Non-Medical Prescriber within our substance misuse team. You will have the opportunity not only to utilise your current Nursing skills whilst providing the best possible care to your patients but you will also have the opportunity to work as part of a multidisciplinary team across the whole prison setting promoting a holistic approach to treatment offered to patients in your care.
You will be a role model for the nursing staff team and lead by example. You will have the opportunity to grow and develop others by means of clinical supervision, training and development. You will be supported closely by GPs and Pharmacist who are part of the team.
Sodexo Justice Services have provided Healthcare within Prison environments for over 10 years, alongside running the overall prison and have learnt and developed how to adapt care in a challenging environment to ensure patients are at the centre of every decision and intervention. If you too would like to enhance your existing skills by Nursing in an environment like no other, then you need to read on.
Sodexo Justice Services prides itself upon a holistic model of care that promotes wellbeing from the inside out. Working with people who have wide range of needs from Mental Health, Substance Misuse, Primary Care and Complex needs. By maximising the opportunity for a full healthcare Assessment whilst in custody we prepare patients to be in the best possible condition for when they leave prison. With the aim of reducing the risk of re offending behaviour so our patients can contribute positively in the community on release.
HMP/YOI Bronzefield is a closed local prison serving courts across the South of England. Our mission is to deliver quality of life services which make a meaningful difference to women in the criminal justice system by supporting them to change their lives for the better. To achieve this we focus on providing needs-based services and programmes to rehabilitate and improve the well-being of our women.
We house up to 572 women (approximately 14.5% of the national female prison population). The women in our custody have a diverse and complex set of needs and range from mothers and babies, young offenders, life and long term sentenced women, short to mid-term sentenced women, foreign nationals and women on remand.
We are the biggest women’s prison in Europe, and we owe it to our patients to be a centre of excellence. Please come on board in helping us to achieve this vision. We have recently been recognised for delivering the Gold Standard when it comes to screening and treatment of Hepatitis C, along with using several innovative approaches, including technology to improve care provided during the pandemic. We thrive on innovation and promote this in all of our staff.
We have been awarded a bronze accreditation by Investors in People for our commitment to our staff, their development, engagement and investment in a sustainable future.
The following are the core responsibilities of the Non-Medical Prescriber:
- Assist with the prescribing practices and support the ANP, GP and other prescribers within the services.
- Actively involved in prescribing clinical audit, effectively utilising the audit cycle.
- Assisting the nursing team providing guidance when necessary, acting as a mentor to students and newly qualified staff.
- Participate in local initiatives to enhance service delivery and patient care.
- Support and participate in shared learning within the practice.
- Develops an area of specialist interest, taking the lead within the practice.
- Continually review clinical practices, responding to national policies and initiatives where appropriate.
- Participate in the review of significant and near-miss events applying a structured approach i.e. root cause analysis (RCA)
- Drives the development of nursing services within the practice, liaising external agencies and professional organisations as required.
- Engage in CPD/Clinical Supervision to maintain and further develop competence in level of prescribing
**Full Job Description below**
- Valid NMC registration RGN or RMHN
- Excellent clinical and leadership skills
- Commitment to the delivery of high-quality services
- Previous qualified experience as a registered general nurse
- V300 qualification on the NMC register
- Ability to work within own scope of practice and understanding when to refer to ANP or GPs
- Understands the requirement for PGDs and associated policy
- Understands the importance of evidence-based practice
- Requesting pathology tests and processing the results, advising patients accordingly
- Experience of prescribing and undertaking medication reviews
- Experience of working in custodial environment
- Minor Illness Qualification and or RCGP Level 1 and 2
- Mentorship/ ENB Qualification or working towards
- Clinical Supervisor
- SystmOne Knowledge
- RCA Trained
Location: HMP Bronzefield, Woodthorpe Road, Staines, Middlesex, England