Salary: to £20,000pa + great benefits (FTE £23,000pa)
Shift hours: Part Time
Is quality of life a priority for you? Would working term time only suit you? Our Sodexo Schools segment have an exciting brand-new opportunity for an enthusiastic Mobile Catering Supervisor to join our team within Bright Futures Educational Trust. You will work within the Blackpool and surrounding area providing cover relief as we mobilise and run our new contract.
This is a great opportunity to work in a rewarding school environment whilst being part of a world leading food and facilities management company; here we can offer you unrivalled opportunities for career progression. If the flexibility of a term time only role would suit you, this could be your perfect role!
This position will suit an experienced Chef Manager with a passion for food, who is skilled in food delivery and customer experience, is good at situational decision making and has a good eye for detail. You will thrive on a challenge and have strong leadership skills, most importantly being adaptable to a changing environment. We need an excellent communicator with a passion for innovation who loves a busy varied role where no 2 days will be the same.
This role is subject to Safer Recruitment checks and the successful applicant will be required to complete a DBS.
- To mobilise and run the BFET portfolio, by covering relief, and ensure continual improvement of brand standards and consistency within the Trust
- Support the schools during catering events and functions to ensure Sodexo Hospitality offers exceed customer expectations whilst maintaining commercial viability
- Increase sales by driving uptake in meals and enhance customer experience in order to meet both client and commercial expectations whilst maintaining strict budgetary control in line with client and Sodexo expectations
- To ensure that all statutory and company regulations and policies relating to Allergens, food hygiene, health, safety and fire are enforced
- Actively innovate in terms of food presentation and engage in partnered curriculum-based food activity
- Previous catering experience with a great passion for food and team engagement
- Strong level of literacy and numeracy
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively with customers, clients, and staff at all levels
- Intermediate Food Hygiene Certificate, 706/2 or NVQ2 chef qualification, or equivalent
- Good time management and organizational skills, ability to work well under pressure
- Computer literacy
- Ability to achieve and set standards and operate to performance criteria, with particular regard to hygiene
- Ability to work effectively as part of and in the development of a team with a flexible approach to role and to successfully implement change
- Car driver, own car essential
Sodexo and our clients are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and adults within a regulated activity. This role will require applicants to undergo screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and/ or Disclosure Scotland.
Location: Blackpool, England